Another "good" elder might be getting the axe....

by humblepotato 28 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The only good thing is that especially if his daughter gets reinstated he won't be out long

That's a GOOD thing? Hopefully this will awaken him and his entire family and they can get out of the Cult while they have many years of life ahead of them!. . . . . . Doc

Being removed as an elder maybe the best thing that could happen for him. If he is as reasonable as you claim, he may awaken to the lack of love and compassion shown to his daughter, himself and other members of the cong. His removal may also cause some dissension within that congregation. Let's hope. ~ Incognito

I totally agree!

HumblePotato -- maybe it could be the excuse/reason for you to "see" the lack of love and start your own fade. . . . . Doc

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Sorry for him, but I guess in the end only the loyalists will remain. More cultish, less human seems to have jah's blessing.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri
    blondie
    Not every ex-jw would know that; thanks for clear that up. The terminology changes so often (to trip up the apostates)

I disagree. Apostates are more up to date on JW terminology than anyone else.

• John Free
    John Free

I hope he gets removed too. He sounds too good a man to be an elduh. Let the others bend over backwards cutting through boring, unnecessary workloads-heaped upon them so that they don't have time to stop and think of how much of their lives they are wasting for a pointless cult.

The real test of his decentness will be whether or not he shuns his daughter.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    humblepotato - "...one elder in particular was going to drive them crazy with all his rules and nit picking... he is pissed that he hasn't been accepted to the School. Hmmm, I wonder why..."

Me too.

He seems perfectly qualified. :smirk:

• ssn587
    ssn587

I was deleted from being a MS when my son, not living with us at the time, got his future wife pregnant. Made mistake of mentioning it to an elder in our BS. That was it for me. When several tried to make amends told them no way would I ever be one again when they tried to reinstate me. They couldnt understand why, well duh.

• Tahoe
    Tahoe

Humble, kind, and loving.

The perfect example of how we all wish our Elders were.

Neuroscientists have found evidence to suggest feeling powerful dampens a part of our brain that helps with empathy. Sukhvinder Obhi

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Most elders that I knew back in the 70's-80's if they had young ones 50% or higher were DF or left the organization..And the elders that were super elders(next to Jehovah), their kids really went crazy. Looking back those elders that were hardliners in so many cases their own house wasn't in order. The bottom line, some folks can not handle that kind of power.....They way I figure it even if your kids are grown and 3 out of 4 leave the borg something was wrong in your household. So you record in your own household should be questioned, if you should remain an elder. I know several elders and all their kids have left the borg and they are still elders today.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Send him an anonymous email praising him for his efforts, and with a link to this forum and JWfacts. That should help him out!

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Most bodies of elders have bullies on them that create a dominant spirit or attitude in their congregation.

It sounds like the bullies won....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit