Satan temping Eve. Had she not ate

by pleaseresearch 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• venus
    venus

The Bible uses the word אָדָם ( 'adam ) in all of its senses: collectively ("mankind", 1:27), individually (a "man", 2:7), gender nonspecific ("man and woman", 5:1,2), and male (2:23-24).[1] In Genesis 1:27 "adam" is used in the collective sense.

What mankind (adam) did as a whole is portrayed through individual Adam in Chapter 3 of Genesis. Mankind was enjoying perfect life in perfect system of things for an indefinite period. In character and qualities, they were all like gods and goddesses on earth. At some point in time they began to slip, developed loose-conduct, and became greedy with each one beginning to view the other with fleshly outlook (something symbolized by 'the sons of God seeing that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and marrying them ....' Fruit of the tree of good and bad, Satan, Eve ... are all symbols to suggest mankind experienced a fall.

Genesis writer did not follow a logical order. He was simply taking information from various sources (such as the Yahwist, the Elohist, the Deuteronomist and the Priestly) and putting it together. In other words, Genesis is all about history of mankind (not about an individual man named Adam) in two parts: pre-fall, and post-fall.

Not only the Genesis writer, even other Bible writers seldom show sense of propriety. For example, too many information about woman's menstruation, material contribution to tabernacle and later to temple, and discourse on "I am the bread of life" in John's Gospel, yet too little information about too important subject such as creation, make-up of man, proof about God's existence ...etc.

• MightyV8
    MightyV8

If and I mean IF the Adam and Eve story is correct poor old Adam didn't stand a chance, to start with him NEVER experienced any form of childhood. It is in childhood we learn and as we grow up we experience many things in life that make us who we are today.

Adam came to life as a fully grown man, young and dumb and.......

Eve, another fully grown person could not even reason with logic...

"heh..a talking SNAKE..wonder how many other animals talk in this garden?"

She may have been blonde.

If I ever come across a talking snake I'm gunna catch it and join a travelling circus and make some real money.

• blownaway
    blownaway

First thing is you look at is a fucking talking snake? WTF Jesus Christ on a pop cycle stick. Virgin births, men setting up lofts in a fish? JFC this is all crazy crap. Its like saying What if Perseus did not defeat Medusa or catch Pegasus the flying horse. .

• pleaseresearch
    pleaseresearch

I work at a school and by making mistakes and seeing others make them too, we learn from these things.

I love the statement that they never had a childhood.

Some great responses on here.

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

Whatever made you think that Satan was involved in the Eden story?

The Bible says Snake was the deceiver. The idea that Snake was Satan in disguise was a 2nd century CE creation of Justin Martyr (born 100 CE).

In Eve’s account in the apocryphal Apocalypse of Moses of her encounter in Eden with the Snake, she says that Satan, who is like an angel, seduced Snake and offered to talk through the Snake on his behalf.

Doug

• Doug Mason
    Doug Mason

I have provided some material showing that Satan was not in the Eden story:

http://www.jwstudies.com/NO_SATAN_IN_EDEN.pdf

Doug

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

good question, although I'm sure our loving creator would have devised another test in which they would have been guaranteed to fail and blame them again for it, all the while continuing his dick waving competition with the Devil.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

In Eve’s account in the apocryphal Apocalypse of Moses of her encounter in Eden with the Snake, she says that Satan, who is like an angel, seduced Snake and offered to talk through the Snake on his behalf.

Whatever made you think that Satan was involved in the Eden story?

Isnt this a contradiction in what you have posted ? Doug ?

• pleaseresearch
  • Pistoff
    Pistoff

There was no Adam, Eve or the serpent.

It is just another creation tale that attempts to explain the state of humanity, although the WT takes it literally, removing all nuance from the tale.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit