October 14, 2015 BOE

by wifibandit 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack
    Where my wife attends, they have the mid-week meeting on Friday. Maybe they should just call it 'not-Sunday' meeting. It seems to me if meetings are supposed to 'recharge' you after having to deal with the world, it would be better to space them out a bit. When I was going, I hated meetings on Friday and Sunday, especially if we went out in service on Saturday. Now, I don't worry about any of it.
  • Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane
    Translation: Remove the word "SCHOOL" from your sign to avoid being accused of allowing registered sex offenders and/or pedophiles to be in close proximity to children in a learning institution.
  • Atlantis
    Atlantis

wifi:

Thank you!

WTUnderground!

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Midweek meeting and Weekend meeting??

Wow, the brain trust up there in Brooklyn keeps on inspiring!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Where my wife attends, they have the mid-week meeting on Friday. Maybe they should just call it 'not-Sunday' meeting.

I've been in a congregation that had their Sunday meeting on Saturday. So they would have 2 "not-Sunday" meetings.

I'd suggest that they call them "This Meeting" and "That Meeting".

• sir82
    sir82

That's weird. Why don't they want to show the names of the meetings?

Are they going to rename them every year?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Any expenses incurred would be the responsibility of the congregation

That's the bit I saw. They can do whatever they want with their sign, I don't care. I just laugh when I see the WBT$ not wanting to help in any way.......they're quick enough to demand money though.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I believe I've used the term 'midweek meeting' in the past to describe the...midweek meeting.

With more congregations being packed into a single building, some have to meet Saturday. I know this has happened in my area. Therefore I think this precipitates the change to 'Weekend Meeting'.

• dozy
    dozy
    Just my suggestion to the Org- how about "weekday" meeting and "weekend" meeting? Friday evening , for example , is hardly "mid-week". With cutbacks and sell-offs meaning many congregations are forced to use the same KH and have their "mid-week" meeting throughout the week , that would make sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit