All schools closed in L.A. county today, a bomb threat.

by James Mixon 10 Replies latest jw friends

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Something needs to be done 960000 kids have the day off, 900 schools closed.

Our way of life is changing, get use to it.

• steve2
    steve2

Okay.....a

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    Lots of school buses still traveling around the city(heading back to the bus yard) totally empty. It's a bit eerie. Kids that are stranded at school are allowed to ride the Metro for free until noon.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

I hope everyone stays safe

• lurkernomore
    lurkernomore
    What kind of sick Bastard targets children FFS!!!?!!! Boggles the mind. As freemindfade said, hope everyone stays safe!
  • truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Better safe, then sorry...especially when the threat is against our children.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Yesterday while waiting for the wife to come out of Wall-Mart a car pulled in the

vacant spot in front of me, when the young couple exit their vehicle the young lady in

the passage side apparently open her door and banged the car next to them with a

gentleman sitting in his car. He got out looked at the damaged and told her it was ok.

So there was no problem and they(couple) enter WM. The gentleman family came out soon afterwards and

before he pulled out he spit on the passage window, they guy was around 50 years old.

There are a lot of little minded people in this world.

This is the kind of sick Bastard that would target children.

He walked up to the window and hauled a big one with his kids looking on.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Makes you wonder if it isn't a terrorist related militant cell, similar to the one in San Bernadino a couple weeks back.

Beyond comprehension to target people like disabled or children. But yeah, better to be safe than sorry and evacuate everyone out of harm's way. Better safe than sorry!!!

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer
    NYC got the same threat but they didn't shut down schools. Turns out, this was most likely just a hoax
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

They said it was a hoax because the writer didn't capitalize allah or makkah. I would not have determined/assumed from that that it was a hoax because in Arabic, there are no capital letters. I used to teach English to Arabic speaking students. Proper nouns weren't a terribly difficult concept, but they commonly forgot to capitalize until they got used to writing in English a great deal.I tried to explain, using Allah, that in English, addressing God as "god" was diminishing Him and bad form, besides being incorrect.

Now, it is clear that today/yesterday, they didn't blow up the schools and it does seem to be a hoax---but if they are determining hoaxes based on poor English skills when they are apparently clueless about their language or culture, we are in a world of hurt.

I'm so glad it was a hoax, but it is scary to think that is how they decide whether to worry about a threat or not. Can't the powers that be get better intel than that? They seem as clueless as Joe Blow (all respect to Mr. Blow!)

Do terrorists ever really give useful warnings ahead of time in any case? Is that a normal thing? Or do they just take "credit" for it afterwards?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit