guess what watchtower, books are making a comeback!

by nowwhat? 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Now that the org. Has gone 90% digital, it would seem most people now would rather read a good old fashioned book than a tablet!. Way to show insight oh fearless leaders!

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

I am 100% sure, " The finished mystery" will never be back in print. This is the book that was written by " Jesus" and started the religion. ummm maybe Jesus has many great qualities, but as a writer of books he sucked. That would explain it.

• Skepsis
    Skepsis

What is great about digital publications from WT perspective is that they can delete them once they realise it's old light.

When a publication needs to be updated, they only have to make the changes online and next time a publisher consults it, he/she will never really know if a change was made.

Forget about stickers like in the Revelation book or having books and magazines stored at home with old light. They're even abandoning CDs!

Welcome the Organisational Cloud when the concept of time disappear and you can enjoy always from the last fresh glass of the Truth(tm) and where past does not exist!

• compound complex
    compound complex

"What is great about digital publications from WT perspective is that they can delete them once they realise it's old light." -- Skepsis

When I was a proofreader, Bethel, Brooklyn, I remember one of our senior members, Ann Rose, noting textual errors, found in recently published books, on the back fly leaf. That's what we called "errata data."

I don't recall on how wide a scale it was done, but we would take a separate "signature" (folded sheets of paper) with printed corrections and manually glue it into the back of the book.

"Errata data tipped in" means that corrections have been inserted.

We've come a long way, Baby!

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Kind of amusing:

There's an alternate Christian religion printing The Finished Mystery to show folks how ridiculous it is,

Soft copy for about $30,

:0)

if interested google jw bookstore finished mystery

• millie210
    millie210

Sometimes books carry a fascination simply because they are old. The print font, the style of words used, the illustrations and so on.

The actual information is last in what gives the book its value.

This was always true of JW publications - even when they were new.

I can see how they will hold a quaint charm and small companies will offer them on that basis.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

From Watchtower Online Library. Most of the links are greyed out (old light you see!). These one's were still active:

• compound complex
    compound complex

Have and am reading old JFR books: Salvation, Enemies, etc.

The storytelling is actually quite spellbinding and the color illustrations are beautiful and, frankly, erotic.

Subtle?

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Masters of Spin they are

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Back in the day they always used to crow about how they were ahead of the curve, and it was obviously Jehoobers direction, how do they explain this then ? most people now prefer good old fashioned Books, not E-Books.

I do think the Borg wants their remaining captives to use Tablets etc as there is then less chance their eyes will wander to an odd Bible verse or two that contradict what the Borg says.

No Context means No Contest for their bullsheeeeet explanations of Scripture.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit