Religion spoils the real truth? What are your thoughts.

by punkofnice 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I can see how science is answering our questions. Okay, that's a sweeping statement, but it's the best way my empty head can express it. I'm not sure if we're evolving as a species...that's another subject I admit to not reading about. So, hands up, I admit it.

Anyway, where was i?

Oh, yeah, that's it. I remember....

Wouldn't it be a shame if the world got taken over by a fast growing religion and all this wonderful knowledge gets stifled.

Will the world die in ignorance because of thicko fundy bullies?

• Simon
    Simon

It'll never happen. Far more people love the product of science than want to return to the dark ages. They don't even register as a margin of error in the population of the planet.

Science has given so many people better lives though food production, transportation, education, communication, medicine, gadgets and more.

It just takes a while for the laggards to be removed from the gene pool.

• prologos
    prologos
    Real truth? These events, in the world in the headlines are driven by young people, the king of Jordan called it the result of a generation gap. Can another dark age come because of this conflict? Curiosity outlawed because of gaming being taken into the streets? perhaps the hope for science to flourish is in more regimented surroundings? many questions in your OP.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    The next generations are less inclined to accept what they have been told without their questions answered. At least I hope. Its the age of questioning.
  • clarity
    clarity

You will love this from Christopher Hitchens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1lTR8V90qU

clarity

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    Questioning things is looked at as Apostasy. That is why the average Joe-JW is afraid to ask questions.
  • punkofnice
    punkofnice

Well, I certainly hope the earth won't die having been overtaken by the deluded.

Hey, The Deluded......good name for a band, I'm on lead guitar, who's with me?

• Zoos
    Zoos

Religion mucks up everything, I agree. But I don't think it renders void a belief in God, regardless of His definition.

I like to think of Him as the God of Hey, don't be a dick! I worship Him by not being a dick. I evangelize about Him by encouraging others to not be a dick. I keep myself spiritually clean by avoiding association with people who are dicks.

Religion turns people into dicks with their "I'm right, you're wrong"... "I'm righteous, you're unrighteous"... "I live, you die"... "I'm going to heaven, you're going to hell".... and all the dickey, dick DICK behaviors that go along with it.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Zoos. I fear the dicks will take over. Oddly enough, this reminds me of Team America...the speech about 'we're dicks, but we...........' well, you know the rest.
  • TTWSYF
    TTWSYF
    LOVE TEAM AMERICA " F&%$ YA!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit