Crazy things said by Higher Rank Witnesses

by GrownMidget 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• kaik
    kaik

Around 1990 we had district overseer visiting our KH. It was turbulent era, communist regime just felt apart, and people started enjoying a breath of freedom. So, I go with this dude into field service, just two of as (yes big privilege of having two cousins as an elder), and he started to mumble like everything shows the last days. He told me when he reads a Revelation, he reads today's newspaper. He tried that wording on this field service through very well-to-do neighborhood. It was a disaster. He could not comprehend, that overall atmosphere people was festive and everyone was happy to be free. It was exactly opposite. Stores finally were getting goods, business opened, JWs were legalized, and someone come to stranger about prosecution and food shortage.

• GrownMidget
    GrownMidget
    we shouldn't eat red smarties because they contain cochineal, which he said, was beetles blood.
    Well, it has grain of truth in what he said. Jellybeans (don't know about smarties though) have bug related excretion but it's not blood, it's bug feces.

I have another, but it's not really high ranked witness but since I'm writing already I might as well say it. My mom once asked an elder that if it is ok for a witness to eat "Blood Orange"! One another she asked was that if witness can do an abortion to a cat.

• krejames
    krejames
    @GrownMidget! Oh my word! That is SOOOO JW to ask "can we eat blood orange?" I needed that. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Even though this "gap" could have been decades long he stated that it was unlikely because Adam would have been tempted in bestiality without a suitable mate for that long - whaaat?! Anyway, I'm sure Adam would've invented masturbating, if need be.

Please find that cassette, VI

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

which he said, was beetles blood - actually, beetles and other invertebrates don't have blood. They have a fluid known as haemolymph.

I wonder what the WT's stance on haemolymph is?

• tiki
    tiki
    The Freddie one is just....amazing.....if Adam had never seen another human...he likely might not even .... Oh who knows. These are so odd though. You'd hear wacky stuff every now and then and just shrug it off to ignorance..but when you see a compilation of sheer idiotic ideas it really drives it home how very weird the whole religion was...is...
  • Bugbear
    Bugbear

I remember a convention meating in Scandinavia, where the CO,s culdnยดt come due to he has got a heart attack and was in bed at hospital. However his substitute, read a message from him reading:

"I am sorry for not beeing able to be with you here today, but remember I am still happy when thinking of you, it is wunderful to beaver away ones body in the service of Jehova.!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit