If they only had a brain

by Sour Grapes 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Sour Grapes
    Sour Grapes

Last Sunday I visited a hall to see a friend. The brother giving the talk spent the first 20 minutes talking about how bad the world is and then the next 10 minutes he pointed out how God's Kingdom is the answer. One thing he mentioned is all of the millions of starving children in the world and how the money that we spend on just a few bombs that are dropped in the wars could feed thousands of children. He said how bad he felt for all of these hungry children and that it breaks his heart.

He was very sincere and his voice actually quivered when it said that. The Witlesses then look forward to when God will destroy 99.9% of humanity, including these starving children, and don't even think twice about it. They feel good because the worldly people had it coming. Witness pray for Armageddon to come. Can't they see how stupid they look?

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I wonder if he realizes how much cashola the borganization has, and how many starving jws that would feed.
  • blondie
    blondie
    But does he help the non-jw hungry (even the jw ones) in his area? Or is he part of the group that believes non-religious charities are to be avoided to donate to but not for him to accept donations from?
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yet the JWS do nothing as to help starving people around the world locally or aboard, like many other Christian based faiths.

This fear mongering mantra of Armageddon soon has been going on for a long time and JWS lap it up like well at least I'll be saved since I'm in his earthly organization. As its known the imposition of fear goes a long way in controlling people.

Sadly the WTS makes and influences people to believe in ancient mythological writings as something set in reality or nonfiction and that certainly isn't the truth.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I was in a store yesterday and they were selling xmas cards for Unicef. There was a sign that said how many vaccinations each pack of cards would buy, how much water or food, etc.

It would be interesting to calculate that based on the wealth the wts has. If only we knew how much that was.

Of course, we could pick one thing they waste their $ on--such as a new building--and calculate how many people could be fed with that money.

• sir82
    sir82

how the money that we spend on just a few bombs that are dropped in the wars could feed thousands of children.

How many children could be fed with the money devoted to building the JW Taj Mahal at Warwick?

• Calebs Airplane
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    That is so funny Caleb!
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

Ha! The WT's mantra of charity is:

"It is better to receive than to give. So give us all of your money, and then bend over so we can give you all a royal screwing. Agape Love, The Governing Body"

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    their stupidity in their desire to see the genocide of untold billions by their god is really breathtaking, words cant really describe it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit