JW sue TV program in sweden

by happy man 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Room 215
    Room 215

Why then, did they not attempt suits against Dateline, Panaorama, the CBC, etc. ? It certainly isn't because they don't have lawyers or that they don't relish the prospect of being awarded monetary damages, not to mention the possibility of gloating over any legal victories!

My instincts suspect that these threats are as empty as their doom-saying predictions!

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Happyman,

If I remember correctly you mentioned that a Circuit Overseer who had molested children in his past was telephoned on his cell phone? I am not sure that I have these details correct. Could it be that this is the person the WTS is using as some sort of test case?

Best regards - HS

• happy man
    happy man

hillary.
    No this man you sau have never been Co so fare as I know. I now this man, he is nowvery old, and I rhink to take upp this was unnessesary, it was not pedofile things, it was a unpropper behavior to girls, and it is fare from pedofile things. If I will be hounest i think the swed TV fall in the trapp to dont tell the whole story in some of there exampels, so perhaps JW have some on ther shoes, if you undersand what I say.

In the main case a boy was moldested, but it was only 1 year when he was JW 9 before, nothing was said about this, not so good, this is the case JW going to use, they say he was never JW when this happend, and here is one mans word against unother.

so it is a littel complicated.

Do you have any further info on this acusations against some in the topp, or have this thing died as false.

love from HM

• AlanF
    AlanF

Bill Bowen just posted on the Silentlambs website material that shows how the Watchtower in Sweden recently sent out a deceptive letter to all congregations, and even to the media. Their reputation is now so trashed that no newspapers published it. Here's the link:

http://silentlambs.ip2m.com/education/wtinfo.cfm

AlanF

• Francois
    Francois

If I were the WT and had all those guns pointed at me, I'd try a test case in a small, off the beaten path country to see if - on the off chance - I could either win, or make the defendants back down. It's an old trick in the US, developed when lawsuits against polluters were at their zenith: countersue the suit-bringers and attempt to tie them up in expensive legal proceedings for years. And yes, it's a sleazy attempt on the part of sleazy people to escape punishment for their sleazy behavior. It's certainly not the behavior of a people who "represent God."

We maybe should monitor this case closely, and if the defendants get into financial problems, I think we should be ready to help bail 'em out. If we were to loose this case, the WT would tell it from the mountains; it would be "proof" that the media is lying. We cannot afford to let them get away with such dishonest behavior. The best opportunity to show the JWs up for what they are would be gone.

francois

• freedom96
    freedom96

Francios is right, there are many counter lawsuits out there simply to scare or delay the process. One common practice is telling the plaintiff that if they stop the lawsuit now they (defendent) will stop their own proceeding to sue the plaintiff for wrongful suit etc.

Another lawyer tactic that makes me ill.

I would be suprised if the WTS actually did file suit. I would think it is more likely that they are just telling the congregations that to ease their minds.

If they did sue, I will be very curious of what happens.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I read some of the Watch Tower Corporation defense statements. It looks to me like they have a breach of confidentiality issue when the elders disclose confidential information to the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation.

The Corporation aka, the Society, claims they do not disclose confidential information to secular entities by right or legal/ethical duty of the protection of confidential information by a qualified member of the clergy. So, when the elder discloses that same confidential information to the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation, if in fact the Corporations are separate from the Congregations, the elder has breached that confidential information protection duty.

If the elders disclose confidential information to the secular business that prints their books, it seems to me they have either:

1. Unquestionably established a continuous link from the elders to the Printing Corporations, or;

2. They have breached their fiduciary responsibility and disclosed confidential information to a third party.

I fail to see how either scenario is in the best interest of the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation or their trademark religion franchise, Jehovah's Witnesses. It seems to me that they should quit all the religious tribunal courts and trials and confessions and secret meetings and just be a deity worshiping church without all the cloak and dagger secret society stuff.

What am I missing here?

The Way I See it http://www.freeminds.org/buss/buss.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit