JW sue TV program in sweden

by happy man 16 Replies latest jw friends

• happy man
    happy man

Bigg censation yesterday when we have JW respons to the Tv program about pedofie problem in the organisaition.On our meeting we have a letter read that persons how was on Tv was lying, and we are now going tro take aktion in court to stopp tis lying things.

This was wery unexpekted, fore us, seems like our leader take this thing widh the two wittnes role and the confidentiallity , are very importan, haven it beenbettewr to polygise fore the bad thing happend,instedof that this is bigg lies, this will be wery exaiting to se how it will end.

Did this also happend in Us after dateline .

• Will Power
    Will Power

Maybe they are announcing this to make it seem to the R&F that THEY are the ones taking the court action instead the other way round.

will

• izobcenec
    izobcenec

Very interesting news, any more info on this?

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

Happyman,

I think probably that they may be "countersuing" victims with accusations to get victims to drop the case or settle in court and tie them up with legal expenses for many years.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    I think probably that they may be "countersuing" victims with accusations to get victims to drop the case or settle in court and tie them up with legal expenses for many years.

That's what it sounds like to me, too. Cowards.

ash

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

No happyman a lawsuit did NOT happen after Dateline, Channel 9, Panorama or the 5th Estate.

I am kinda stunned that they would even try to sue the Swedish Show. You see all these shows must be reviewed by executiver producers and then by the legal departments.

If Legal does not give an okay to a segment, then the segment is cut.

So go ahead Watchtower. Launch a lawsuit against TV station. And when it gets thrown out in summary judgement .... or better still .... when all the kids tell their stories on the stand at trial .... again .... for an entire nation to again read about and again see all over TV again ..... then you will have no one coming to your stupid meetings and buying your stupid books.

hawk

p.s. - I know you have limited English skills but sometimes I may not understand what you are writing on the db sometimes. So if I don't understand and have to ask a few times I apologize in advance.

• badboy
    badboy

SUE!

WATCHTOWER!

SUE!

MAKE IT EVERY1 DAY

WATCHTOWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't iminage what might came out in a court

• AlanF
    AlanF

I would be extremely surprised if this Swedish lawsuit were anything but bluster. The Society knows perfectly well that the accusations are true, and that if they challenged them in court they'd get their asses kicked big time. I suspect that this is just a ploy to fool the JW community into thinking that the accusations are lies, and that they will actually do nothing. In the minds of these poor fools, the threat of the lawsuit will cancel out any doubts caused by the accusations, and after awhile, the JW community will forget all about the accusations and the lawsuit, which will quietly come to nothing. Thus the Society will have neutralized the accusations.

I hope that some Swede forwards the Society's threat to the TV producer. I hope the producer gets angry and does a followup, including material about this lawsuit. The Society would run away with its tail between its legs.

AlanF

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

This sounds like a lot of noise and bluster to the faithful to reinforce the "it's all lies" party line.

I agree with AlanF. Does anyone know who the show's producer is? Or how to reach them? This would be an excellent note for them to do a follow up story on.

• happy man
    happy man

here is the link to the program,

http://www.svt.se/granskning/

ther you can se the program some is on english, the nam of the reporter is Janne Josefsson, and you can sen him a messege also on this site, if you loook on the jonarlist in the program you clik on the name and ther you have messege servic.

The letter how we have and are in swed newspaper on friday say like this, we will take this thing to court as we find nessesary.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit