Here is what kind of person (Prince) a celebrity JW is

by Terry 53 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW
    THe whole family got together at a swanky hotel either in Vegas or LA and thru SIs. Jackson a HUGE celebrity studded birthday party, in either in 80's or 90's and they gave her car. How the Hell did the pioneering Sis. Jackson keep that secret from the Elders when I've read about it and I've never even met anyone in the family?
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes well the MJ birthday thing is just one the many silly and redundant occurrences within the JW religion.

Some anus with his delusion self adoration of spiritual power proclaimed that celebrating birthdays is evil because it was noted that birthday celebrations may have originated in ancient pagan traditions.

We today see it as an expression of love and respect for people that are somehow socially engaged into are lives.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    The video showed who Prince really was. A JW on a mission. But a disillusioned one at that.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Finkelstein - "Some anus with his delusion self adoration of spiritual power proclaimed that celebrating birthdays is evil because it was noted that birthday celebrations may have originated in ancient pagan traditions."

Don't kid yourself.

Deep down, pulling the plug on birthdays, holidays, and the like was only marginally about avoiding "pagan" influences.

It was far more about socially isolating the rank-and-file from non-JW relatives and acquaintances (particularly those who might successfully refute WT theology).

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

But the basic interpretive understanding which the WTS created concerning birthday celebrating was centralized from their observation of birthday celebrating had originated in Paganism, as in Christmas for example.

It wasn't a practice in the ancient Hebrew religion/theological beliefs..

Its funny though when you mention to a JW that the exchanging of rings during wedding ceremonies originated in Egyptian pagan practice they fumble and quickly change the subject.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Go back far enough, and pretty much everything has "pagan" origins to some degree.

Realizing that was actually one of my little wake-up moments.

• talesin
    talesin

OutsideLookingIn

The story about Michael Jackson not even wanting anyone to acknowledge his birthday and wanting to celebrate Christmas--but it's okay because he had "Family Day"--makes me sad. As a non-JW, I've often wondered what a young child is told that well-wishes on his birthday as an adult would result in that emotional shutdown. All in the name of God

I agree. and maybe because I've been out of the JW since a teen. It's very sad, and whether we are Jane Ofice Cleaner, or Serena Williams, the effect is the same. xo tal

• Terry
    Terry

And the hits just keep on comin'

http://www.startribune.com/carver-county-judge-seals-search-warrants-in-prince-death-investigation/377456111/

" Carver County judge sealed the search warrant in the investigation of Prince’s death.

The request was made by County Attorney Mark Metz. He stated in his request that the premature disclosure of the details contained in the warrant may compromise the law enforcement investigation by causing the search or related searches to be unsuccessful. He added the release of the information could also create a substantial risk of injury to an innocent person or persons or severely hamper the ongoing investigation.

“Due to Prince’s status of having been an iconic popular music superstar, there is and will be continued intense media scrutiny upon the manner and circumstances of Prince’s death,” Metz said in his argument to seal the warrant, and any related documents.

District Judge Eric Braaten ordered the document remain locked up until commencement of any criminal proceedings or 180 days from the date of Thursday’s order."

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Prince preaching door to door high as a kite, he was drugged out of his mind.

Jehovah's holy spirit was worked with Prince, you think.

• Terry
    Terry

The most iconic conspiracy theorist on Earth, David Icke shares his views on Prince:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDwTJQuB_WI

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit