Here is what kind of person (Prince) a celebrity JW is

by Terry 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
  • justme
    justme
    this is so funny, i am enjoying it, thanks for posting!
  • myelaine
    myelaine

Terry, you know there is the side friends "get" and the side people know, right?

I watched  the video you've posted again earlier this afternoon and had a few laughs and I've watched under the cherry moon quite a few times and it's clear the man had a sense of humour about himself.

Love his comment @ the beginning of this video. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H4k-d88BEsI

I'm just gonna miss him in this world :(

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cl_t6efp8zA

xo

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    cool another prince thread
  • ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

Terry - I have dignified you by always reading your postings and literature with interest and respect - you come across as the sort of person I could easily have over to complement other "good" company at a barbecue for instance >

Your topic title makes no sense and ........is it necessary imho ?

What if [and you don't know this] he himself did not see himself as the Celebrity JW ? Maybe somewhere in his humanness he really was fighting his own demons? He too was just a victim of victims - maybe he desired an escape ?

You have let me down on this one !

N

• myelaine
    myelaine

Terry believes there are grey areas, even talks about them...he just hasn't found it in himself to be cool with them cuz, well...

maybe he's scared?

• myelaine
    myelaine

Nevermind that "grey" stuff I deleted.  ??

• Terry
    Terry

What if [and you don't know this] he himself did not see himself as the Celebrity JW ?

Two things we should be able to agree upon:
    1. Prince was a Jehovah's Witness

2. Prince was a celebrity

If we are in agreement on those two things, does it really matter how Prince saw himself IF it was at odds with these two facts?

Maybe somewhere in his humanness he really was fighting his own demons?

The most obvious struggle Jehovah's Witnesses have is between their humanity and the control exerted by the Watchtower Society.
    Prince was a creative, sexually liberated human straddling the judgmental oversight of fellow JW's and the expectations of his fans.
    As we all know, cognitive dissonance allows people like Prince to hold two contradictory sets of ideas and pretend they can live with them.

He too was just a victim of victims - maybe he desired an escape ?

He was untouchable because of the Governing Body's horror of bad publicity. If Prince desired "escape" all he had to do was publicly announce he wanted to leave and the GB would be powerless to stop him.

You have let me down on this one !

Why? Because you don't like the title of this topic? I don't understand your objection. I let the video speak for itself.

How did Michael Jackson get away with NOT being Disfellowshipped?

How did Prince?

The sort of people celebrity JW's turn out to be is not infrequently:
    Nutty, eccentric, narcissist, and privileged. They are rich because their fans admire what they do and that is how Capitalism rewards them.
    The GB doesn't hold them to the same standards as rank and file JW's and that makes them an Elite.

Why are you so eager to excuse celebrity JW's? They are not better and no worse than any of the rest of us. Hero worship seems to cause people to allow bad behavior with alarming regularity. Is that a good thing?

• sir82
    sir82

How did Michael Jackson get away with NOT being Disfellowshipped?

MJ was DF'ed in the 80's. Or disassociated. Either way, he was (or should have been) shunned by JWs.

• baker
    baker
    Jw,s are love bombing and cutting and pasting any article positive for Prince on FB. Think I will cut and paste this one on Kevin Smith, just to balance out the obvious one sided posts...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit