Am I being unreasonable in this ?

by smiddy3 16 Replies latest social family

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Hi friend`s ,I have my son and DIL living with us ,which has been ok,overall ,quite a few years now ,however ,a few months ago they decided they wanted a dog OK ? we had one a toy poodle for about 16-17 years and I just loved her as did my wife.

A few months ago my son wanted a dog and got a french bulldog as a pup ,which was ok by us .

However to cut a long story short, yesterday i was out in the back yard and the dog lunged at me and started attacking me in such a way as I can only describe as being frenetic in his attack ,in trying to ward off his attack and getting away from him I fell over and i believe if my son hadn`t finlly restrained him he would have mauled me .

I am 83 years old and my wife has just turned 80

and I dont want that to happen to her .

I don`t know the dog is what 4-5-6 months old I`m not sure , and been living with us all this time ,however I`m going to tell them to get that dog out of my house by the week and and a half or I will one way or another .

I am not going to tolerate that in my household and if he don`t like it he can go also .

I`m not being unreasonable am I ? giving him this ultimatum ?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SMIDDY3:

No, you are Not being unreasonable. This is not okay and this is your home and you should be safe there. I would say the same thing!!! You don’t need this happening to you - and never mind what any misguided animal lovers say. If you HAD been injured, what is he going to say? He’s sorry???

I have a close relative who had a questionable dog that menaced me. I told her I don’t want the damn thing around me. She made excuses UNTIL it bit and/or tore clothing of visiting friends of hers. In my life I have been bitten a few times (nothing major thank God). People need to get real about their dogs.

You are well within your rights!

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

I am so sorry to hear this.

You are quite within your rights to be concerned and have immediate action taken in my humble opinion.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

Unreasonable? YES!!! I'd have given your son 48 hours to get rid of the psychotic animal - not 10 days.

I wish you well in every aspect of this situation. It could have been so much worse.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

in the uk french bulldogs are small things--ugly as fk though

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Dogs are awesome. Dogs that might unexpectedly attack and harm you are not. I don't think there is any question that you should be rid of the dog.

• Listener
    Listener

What? You shouldn't need to ask if you are being unreasonable. You're son should have taken steps straight away to keep you safe in your own home.

• carla
    carla

Glad you are ok! You are not being unreasonable at all. It is hard to get rid of a pet but it would be awful if the dog injured you, your wife or even a stranger.

There is a recent dog mauling story that had been in the news off and on lately and I can't get it out of my head. It is so horrible I won't repeat so none of you have it in your head!

Yes! get rid of the dog.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Sounds like the dog is "mentally diseased". Has he been around apostates lately?
  • enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Dog needs to be re-homed...they can get another- a sweet dog.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit