how do you get ahead in the org?

by Azalo 18 Replies latest jw friends

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

Dansk:

What happens to the DOs and COs when they have to retire from service? Are they found accommodation and provided for by the organisation?
    Yes, the Society is encouraging congregations to build extra apartments in new Kingdom Halls to accomodate retired DOs and COs. In out local town, we built one of these apartments and a retired CO is living there.
    The faithful and discreet slave are said to number 144,000 and are supposed to give us our food at the proper time. Why is it, then, that there is an elite few giving the rest of us AND the other faithful and discreet slave their food? Surely ALL the F&DS have the knowledge that is given them via holy spirit? Where in scripture does it say there'll be an elistest group within the 144,000 and these alone are to dispense it?
    Interesting reasoning, but think about this, in the 1st Century Christian Congregations all members were of the annointed class, but only a few dispersed spiritual food at the proper time. Paul was inspired to write to the Christian congregations. Also others were used such as Peter, James, and John but not all members of the congregations received messages from God. There has to be some sort of arrangment to be organized and not cause confusion.

Why do the GB take a vote? That is a democracy when it should be a theocracy.
    You're assuming that Jehovah cannot influence the vote one way or another. The vote is not taken by men that are uninformed, they research the matter before voting. Again, there has to be an arrangment to reach a decision, if not the body of elders or GB would many times be locked and not able to come to any conclusions. Jehovah allows this today. Consider this information: in the early times of Israel, Moses was divinely directed. But it's interesting to read about the arrangment of the "Urim and Thummim", these were " Objects used to ascertain the divine will when questions of national importance needed an answer from Jehovah." It seems that this "Urim and Thummim" were lots that were cast to answer a question "yes" or "no". Now we could ask, why did Jehovah use that arrangement? I really don't know the answer to that, but obviously Jehovah considered that an appropriate way to handle decision making in those times. Similarily, although you seem to not understand why Jehovah allows the GB to take a vote, we can be sure that Jehovah is much wiser that us and that it is an arrangment that works. One thing that I think about is that the arrangment of voting within a body of elders safeguards against someone trying to use their authority in the wrong way.

• minimus
    minimus

Be Leo Greenlees Friend?

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Minimus......Ouch !

• rocketman
    rocketman

When I was an elder, it became quite apparent that only certain elders would ever be used regularly for Assmebly parts. It seemed that it was hard to make that list. While what SOJ says is partly true, I knew of many elders who got ssuch parts routinely that were no better at speaking or the ministry than other elders who seemed to be shut out from such 'privilages'.

The way to get ahead, really, is by being a total yes man. Never say no. Period. To anything that's asked of you. If you say no to something, especially an assembly part of even being used in a demo, believe me, you get blacklisted in a very real sense.

Also, the elder has to be just plain lucky to advance. You'd better not have any family problems. Your kids had better be in line. They had better dress modestly. Your wife had better be a good 'example'. The list seems to go on and on.....can anyone spell perfection? Because essentially, that's what's expected.

• mustang
    mustang

The politics is there in spades. Been there, done that. I was moving up the ladder. I was told horror stories by people at the District level. Yes, there are blacklists. I even encountered THE HEAD MAN!!!

But, that and a buck-something will buy you a cup of coffee.

Also, I am basically outspoken ad KNEW THAT I COULDN'T HOLD IT IN FOREVER. And that is one of the foremost requirements!!!!

So, there came a time when I just shrugged and said "who needs this"?

REACHING OUT sucks!!!

Mustang

PS: Curses, the dreaded "Mark of the Beast" post number!!!!

• Dansk
    Dansk

SoJ,

You're assuming that Jehovah cannot influence the vote one way or another. The vote is not taken by men that are uninformed, they research the matter before voting.

I see. So when the GB voted against organ transplants it was Jehovah who influenced their decision! Right, so when a number of JWs died over a seven year period and then the GB reversed its decision and allowed organ transplants that decision also emanated from Jehovah!

Do you see the problem here, SoJ? If Jehovah influenced the first decision he caused numerous people's deaths. If Jehovah didn't influence the GB then it is not guided by holy spirit and is a fraud! So who got it wrong? Jehovah or the GB?

Dansk

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

As a woman...no way!

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Friends in low places.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

SwordofJah left out the Circuit Panel, they're the ones that really make the recommendations for District Convention speakers, on the basis of your demonstrated performance, supposedly. It helps enormously to know one of those guys and it's even better if you're in a congregation with one so they can hear you all the time. Once you become a District Convention speaker you have to get a "Good" for every part at a DC or you're off the list.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit