KGB infiltrated the Borg

by ExBethelitenowPIMA 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• fulano
    fulano

How many years were you in BB.?

I imagine you mean Brooklyn Bethel. Six months after missionary-service, then two months Patterson. Then I stopped and left.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

I remember either soviet union or eas tgermany. Explained away that the holy spirit can't be fooled so it was a test. Then the next study would be about God never testing with unrighteous means.

Ambitious wicked people infiltrate every organization and God just watches. Leads me to agnosticism

• fulano
    fulano

Wasn’t that the experience that he became a CO and he fell dead in fs and then they found out he was a spy?

Even Roald Dahl could not have invented this story.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Some people are getting mixed up here. In Romania there was a break away sect who didn’t agree with certain things and they were more right than the old J

Didn't say it was Romania for sure. But maybe. But it wasn’t Russia if I remember. It was the country, Sanderson described in the broadcasting and cried asking the brothers to return after government agents became elders endangering the bros. .

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Maybe it was G. Jackson who gave the talk. I confuse the 2.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I think the country was Romania where the split took place. Eventually the problem was resolved and it was Gerit Losch that gave the emotional talk about it.

Online Video Library | JW.ORG Videos English

George

(Hope the link works OK, it's called "Maintaining Unity Under Ban")

• Journeyman
    Journeyman

[Edit: ok, St George answered the main part above]

But some in Romania refused to rejoin with the GB and are still separated today.

They're apparently called Asociația „Credința Adevărată Martorii lui Iehova” ("True Faith Jehovah's Witnesses" so Google Translate says - my Romanian skills are not up to scratch) and have their own YT page under that name.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Thanks ST. george. I think that was the vid.

• fulano
    fulano

Ok, you are talking about a talk, I remember something from a year book.

• Earnest
    Earnest

In the 1950s, the Ukrainian secret police launched several secret operations that targeted Jehovah’s Witness leadership and aimed to disclose Witness clandestine groups and their system of communication. The agent network was believed to be the main weapon in the fight against the religious dissent. There were about 200 agents and informers working in the Witness underground in the mid-1950s in western Ukraine. Most of them were recruited from within the Witness organization, many had tragic experiences with their close families imprisoned or exiled. Some of them had been and would be (after their service with the security police) arrested and tried. All of them were recruited by straightforward blackmail. However, as some historical accounts reveal, Witnesses were aware of agent infiltration and KGB surveillance and knew names of many agents and informers. They were also aware of some secret operations carried out against them. While being shadowed by the secret police, they shadowed KGB officers too. Counter-infiltration was another pattern of their everyday resistance. Some believers intentionally entered the informers’ network or were chosen to become collaborators by their own congregations. Appointed agents delivered partial or less sensitive information in exchange for getting to know KGB plans and operations. Other believers wrote fake denunciations to mislead the secret police.

The full account can be read here.

The 2002 Yearbook p. 192-193 also discusses this :

During the mid-1950’s, the security services discontinued immediate arrests of all active and responsible brothers and began to spy on them. These brothers were regularly called to the offices of the security services. They were told that they would receive money and enjoy a good career if they cooperated. Refusal to cooperate would lead to imprisonment and humiliation. A few, lacking faith in God, compromised on account of fear or greed. They remained in the ranks of the organization, informing the security services about the activities of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Also, they obediently carried out instructions from the authorities, causing innocent brothers to appear as traitors in the eyes of other faithful brothers. All of this promoted a spirit of distrust among many of the brothers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit