When is a JW considered "awake"...?

by biblexaminer 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

Where do you fit in with those questions biblexaminer ,just asking.?

From your previous posts you have failed the first 5 questions you have posted 2-6

Again from your previous posts after 16 years on this board you dont comply with numbers 2-6 .

And I do appreciate you have your reasons for still participating in congregational activities in the JW religion for family reasons etc.which I am not aware of and have no business knowing .

However I think you have to be careful with the topics you start lest they come back to bite you in the ass.

Be free to get stuck into me if I`m out of line.

I do believe you have your heart in the right place

just saying.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

This is why it's so difficult to determine who at the Hall is awake -- many active, still "in" JWs meet many of those criteria.

2) avoid Field Circus

3) skip meetings

5) destroy literature (that they can't give away)

8) sleep with strangers (and plenty of their friends' wives, too)

9) buy a gun (well, of course every JW in the rural US has an arsenal for deer hunting, although they really just use them as an excuse to go away for a week (or weekend) and get away from the meetings, their wives, the need to shower and shave, and to drink a lot of booze in a tent or cabin with other JW buddys)

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

I would say once you feel free to read and accept any "apostate" information

I personally feel like I had two wake ups, first I realized the bible and Abrahamic god were BS, then after I realized I was in fact raised in a high control cult

• millie210
    millie210

freemindfades mention of 2 wake ups is interesting.

What if its a gradual awakening?

When you wake up from sleeping at night - when are you awake?

Is it when you are conscious of rolling over and your alarm wont go off for another 5 minutes?

Is it when you throw back the covers and sit or stand?

Is it after you take a shower? Have coffee?

My point is that I think it can sometimes be a gradual thing and something that comes at you from several angles.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

There is the process of "waking up" and then being "woke AF" lol

Once you are "woke", you have swallowed the red pill and there is no going back

• notalone
    notalone

1 through 5 have awoken. 7 through 10 definitely still in.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit