5) They burn their watchtower literature

6) They burn their bible

7) They burn their neighbor's bible

8) They begin to sleep with strangers

9) They buy a gun

10) They use the gun to commit a crime.

• Londo111
    Londo111

When they know JWs are not "the Truth" and why. In particular, when they realize not only is the religion not true, but it is a cult.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Those are questions..

An active, participating, WBT$/JW Cult Member would ask..

You left out "Beheadings at Birthdays"..

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Isn't it great to be free from the WT mindset? My drug habits have spiralled, I've gambled everything I owned and have contracted numerous STD's from strangers. Life's good.

• David_Jay
    David_Jay

This is a trick question.

Jehovah's Witnesses are never awake to the reality that they are in a cult. Only those who are not Jehovah's Witnesses are truly awake.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I consider myself quite awake from their nonsense, and I've never done any of these:

4) They write letter stating they aren't a JW

5) They burn their watchtower literature (I used a WT once when I ran out of toilet paper, does that count?)

6) They burn their bible

7) They burn their neighbor's bible

8) They begin to sleep with strangers (did that while I was still in :-)

9) They buy a gun (never seen the need for one)

10) They use the gun to commit a crime (I've violated all sodomy laws, but I never needed a gun for it)

I guess the beginning of the awakening may be different for different people. Some people are still in and stay acting as if they are JWs because it's in their best interest to do so for their own reasons, and they are quite awake.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Once one stops believing lies because of true reasoning, then they are awake. Even if they stay because their social and fiscal situation may be tied to the kingdom halls.

Just my h,o.

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

When I walk into the kingdumb hall, I see a room mostly full of atheists that parade themselves along as Christians.

They are not Christians, but they just haven't figured that out yet. Their supposed "faith" is nothing more than a belief in the men who run the religion.

Once they see the truth about these men, they suddenly find that they really didn't believe in God after all.

And another godless atheist turns the corner.

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

You are awake when you are 100% sure that this isn't "the truth" and further that they are a controlling group which is damaging in many ways.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

4. When they get quite angry when realizing​ how they've been manipulated over the years,

5. Also a good sign is when variating sets of 2 Elders are hunting them down

:)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit