Today's Text: Draw Close To God And He Will Draw Close To You???

by Divergent 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    , IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE for a "loving" God to NOT convince people beyond all doubt that he exists then proceed to destroy them for not believing in him!

Just for the sake of discussion. If you were Jehovah, how would you have communicated with humans whom you created? For e.g. lets take a situation:

A man habituated to drugs and alcohol regularly beats his wife and children. He has also committed a murder. The wife of the man prays to you to help her in improving her husband so that she will get to live a happy married life with the one whom she loved years back. While, The wife of the murdered victim prays to you that justice be served and a life sentence be given to the man. How will you answer both the prayers in a way that convinces both of them and which serves as a tangible proof to others that you have answered their prayers.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Dreary - You make an interesting observation. However, one could counter with; Your illustration falls flat because had god communicated properly in the first place the 2 scenarios wouldn't exist.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

punkofnice, True, we can come up with that point.

However, I was trying to know exactly what do we mean when we say that God should communicate with us. (assuming for the sake of discussing that God exists)

What do you had in mind when you said "had god communicated properly"? What would have constituted a proper comunication?

If you were God,, how would you have done it? ie.e Giving freedom of choice to people and ensuring that people don;t harm each other with the choice

In the above scenario, What would you have done in the beginning (billions of years ago) that would have ensured that this scenario that I gave above would not have come...

I know I am being silly...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Dreary - Nice to have a chat with you. Shukria.

What do you had in mind when you said "had god communicated properly"?

I don't believe there is any evidence god actually exists. Not a position I ever wanted to be in....and still don't like it. I s'pose I refer to the idea that if there was a god/s we would know undoubtedly what the will of this being is. I was using a scenario that 'if a god existed'.

What would have constituted a proper communication?

Something that makes it so obvious that it is irrefutable there is a god. There would be no need for different faiths to interpret their 'holy books' all differently. Let's be honest; they don't agree even within a single religion.

f you were God,, how would you have done it?

As above but not been the psychotic scum bucket as described in holy books.

Giving freedom of choice to people and ensuring no harm is done in this process?

There is no freedom of choice with the type of god people say they worship. Even more reason not to believe in such a psycho in the sky.

In the above scenario, What would you have done in the beginning (billions of years ago) that would have ensured that this scenario that I gave above would not have come...

I wouldn't have created humans and unicorns would actually exist (kidding about the unicorns).

I know I am being silly...

That's okay. We are just thinking out loud and batting ideas about.

• AverageJoe1
    AverageJoe1

I always think that it's bizarre how the Bible likens Satan to a dragon, which is a creature that doesn't exist.

Could the Bible have been trying to tell us something all along? It doesn't get much simpler than that in my opinion. If you think that dragons really do exist, then if King George managed to kill one, Satan shouldn't be that difficult to eliminate will all today's modern technology!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I never felt that close to that abomination, and what I did feel was that thing being an almighty tyrant. And I would not understand why I would want that abomination to draw close to me so it can suck my energy and use it to enslave the whole world. Nor do I want Satan to turn His back on me forever--the one final hope after Christi-SCAM-ity failed miserably (and no, Islam is no better).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit