Maths Virus 1914

by Anna Marina 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Jeffro - this is the 1st part I haven't released the other parts. Part 2 will be next week.

Also the 19+14 is part of a calculation which is a coincidence - I didn't write Ezekiel 40:1 - but if you take 25 years away from 33 what number do you get? I wont go into further depth - you can watch the videos as they are released to get the detail as it comes if you want.

Please note I am dealing only with scriptures - you have no need of any dates. They are irrelevant, except to show that WT's arithemetic is wrong. You can stick any date you want on the fall of Jerusalem from any calendar you want providing your arithmetic is correct and consistent.

Scholar - find x2 timelines in the Bible - the years of Nebuchadnezzar as world ruler and the years of Jehoiakim's incomplete reign. When you've done that please just write the scriptural references. No further detail will be needed.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Also Jeffro - if you watch the videos as they come out, you will be very surprised at how the numbers 19 and 14 are the central numbers used to disprove Watchtower's 1914 doctrine which therefore renders the Governing Body apostate to both the prophets Jeremiah and Ezekiel.

But as I said, i did not write Ezekiel 40:1. Therefore I should not use the word coincidence. It is Almighty God Himself who has done this.

I am just explaining what the BIble says on this matter.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I’m already quite familiar with the subject. But I’m sure that your videos will be helpful to others.

Ezekiel 40:1 confirms that the Jews reckoned their captivity 11 years prior to Jerusalem’s destruction.

Trivially, Nebuchadnezzar’s 33rd regnal year is 14 years after he destroyed Jerusalem in his 19th year.

In preparing your videos, ensure that you correctly consider whether sources count the accession year as part of the reign.

For Judah: 2 Kings, 2 Chronicles and Jeremiah use Tishri-based dating and count accession years.

For Israel and Babylon: 2 Kings, 2 Chronicles and Jeremiah (except 52:28–30) use Nisan-based dating and count accession years

Daniel and the Babylonian interpolation at Jeremiah 52:28–30 use Nisan-based dating and do not count accession years

Ezekiel counts Nisan-based years of exile.

• Harry
    Harry

The WTS fixed the theology (dating) to their own liking, which is very much to what they do when it comes to interpreting the writings within the bible.

Lets be clear 1914 was something to sell and help in proliferating the literature they published.

To them their own words had more power and relevance to biblical figures such as Jesus Christ, after all the Watchtower Corporation was a publishing organization.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Anna Marina:

It is Almighty God Himself who has done this.

No, it’s not. If you want to credit anyone with the number of years between the relevant events, that would be Nebuchadnezzar.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I got stumbled at “arithmetic is science”. I don’t think that’s true.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

More correctly, arithmetic is a branch of mathematics, and mathematics is a science.

• waton
    waton
    It is Almighty God Himself who has done this. --AM

Since we created our concept of The creator in our local image, and we like numerology, why would he not like wise?

• Harry
    Harry

When men are endeavored to create power and money toward themselves, many times they do so by lies and corruption in that effort.

The men if the WTS created a world wide publishing kingdom, but they had to be dishonest and corrupt to achieve that goal, exploiting ignorance from both secular and theological knowledge.

• shepherdless
    shepherdless

Thanks Anna Marina,

I very much look forward to the rest of the videos. The presentation is excellent.

For what it is worth, I wouldn’t call mathematics a branch of science, but that is neither here nor there.

Now throwing in my own 2c worth, on this topic generally:

One thing I have noticed that keeps getting overlooked, is the use of “secular” in the discussion on when Jerusalem fell. I think Watchtower started it, and others continually fall into the logical trap. Just it be clear; there is no “secular” date for the destruction of Jerusalem. The issue in its simplest form:

1. We know from multiple sources (Ptolemys Canon etc) that the reign of Nebuchadnezzar commenced 605BC;

2. The Bible says the destruction of Jerusalem occurred in the 19th or 18th year of Nebuchadnezzar’s reign (depending on which passage, and what type of “year” you use).

3. Therefore (assuming the Bible is true) the event occurred in 586 or 587 BC.

Babylonian tablets record events in some years of Nebuchadnezzar’s reign, but the relevant tablet or tablets from (going from memory) the 11th to 20th years have never been found. The event isn’t mentioned by the Egyptians etc, either. Thus there is no record of the event outside of the Bible. Therefore 586 or 587 is not the “secular” date. It is the one and only biblical date. There is no “secular” date because the event didn’t occur, as far as secular history is concerned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit