Undecided

by Disassociated Lady 2 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Disassociated Lady 2
    Disassociated Lady 2

I have recently been disfellowshipped (after being reinstated in March). I saw a group of JWs gathered in the town car park yesterday. They seemed startled when they recognised my car and talked amongst themselves giving one another a satisfied grin! An overweight "brother" who waddles around like a frightened rabbit seemed scared of me when I attended meetings before and made it pretty obvious he didn't like me being in the congregation. I watched him walk off with his dutiful wife and two very pretty teenage daughters.

Since then I have been wondering whether to attend the meetings just for the hell of it. The elders there and others (mainly men) who were uncomfortable with my presence and made it difficult for me until they drove me out. I hated the fact that they would be satisfied about it. I don't want to get reinstated I would just like to attend meetings and show them they have no power over me and I can be there if I want to. Thoughts please?

• Tallon
    Tallon

My suggestion; move on with your life. They don't care about you so why should you even acknowledge their existence.

Onwards and upwards as they say!

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

If its just to prove a point then here is what i would do.

Walk in to the hall 15/20 mins early, happy smiling, greeting your brothers and sister as you walk to find your seat, dead front and center.

If asked by an elder to meet them in the second school ( is that still a thing) kindly decline as your happy where you are. leave at the end, as normal happy and fufilled with spiritual nourishment.

Show them that thier authority dosent exist.That the disfellowshiping actually means fuck all.

That what I did!

Enjoy the moment.

• alanv
    alanv

Well of course you could do that, but you have now certainly done the right thing. As someone who as far as they are concerned has been kicked out of the cong for whatever reason you will be shunned and ignored by everyone. They have no love for you at all, because they have been told not to have.

If I would you I would rejoice in the fact that you have finally got free from this truly awful religion

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

It's up to you but I wouldn't give them the time of day. This tiny little cult is really beneath your notice so I would advise get out in the world, make friends, join a college course, volunteer, go on Meetup.com. Try and forget these ridiculous people. Show them they have no power over you by having a great life and leaving them behind. Believe me you will still be talked about .......... I saw her at the college, hotel, travel agent, wow she looked great and so happy ............. All the best to you.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

What do you want to achieve?

Why do you want to achieve that?

And is it worth to use your valuable time achieving it?

• OUTLAW
  • scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Since then I have been wondering whether to attend the meetings just for the hell of it. The elders there and others (mainly men) who were uncomfortable with my presence and made it difficult for me until they drove me out. I hated the fact that they would be satisfied about it. I don't want to get reinstated I would just like to attend meetings and show them they have no power over me and I can be there if I want to. Thoughts please?

I'd say that life is too short and the world is way bigger than those congregation idiots. Forgive yourself for allowing yourself getting sucked into that nonsense and move on. You will be feeding into their nonsense (and it's all nonsense) simply to end up with them displaying power over you. You are never going to be able to make your point for as long as you are an outsider.

The JW POS's that attempted at doing that with me (talking among themselves and giggling as I passed by) were confronted with quite a few encounters with me. Every time that one of them saw me and star talking I'd go to them and ask them if there's anything they have to say to me or about me. I always got silence from them, and they got the message that they are nobodies.

It's not a bad thing that they see you and cross to the other side of the street. They are not running away from you; they are running away into their own stupid little bubble that gives them comfort. You represent all the things they feel inadequate about. Never forget that.

There are plenty of loving people out there, plenty of places to go where you can be accepted, and plenty of things to do to use your time wisely instead of getting sucked into their miserable lives.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein
    I have recently been disfellowshipped (after being reinstated in March)

I was just wondering how you got DFed in just matter of months.

With all the available information available concerning this corrupt dangerous cult on the Net and elsewhere, why would anyone return to that ?

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

You're showing that they have power over you merely by wanting to go back just to stick it to them. They're in your head and that's what they want. Apathy is the opposite of love, not hate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit