Howdie!

by Olesatthewheel 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Olesatthewheel
    Olesatthewheel

Evening all

My first post - born in but faded 15 years ago before that I was PIMO for a number of years.

To put it bluntly the whole JW religion/thing is a crock of shit. I sort of figured this out for myself before I faded but reading posts and comments on this forum confirms this.

I know from posts on here in the past it’s been discussed before but sometimes I just can’t get my head around some - not so much intellectual persons but those with common sense or those that seem to be switched on in life, successful in business or life in general - why the bloody hell do they believe in it? My mind boggles!

Anywho - I enjoy this forum especially when it gets a bit tasty between a few of yer!

I hope to post a bit more now I’m here!

• sparky1
    sparky1

Welcome to the forum. Sit back, relax, join the conversation and enjoy the company. I look forward to your future posts. There is much to learn here from some very wise and experienced ex JW'S. A mixed bag of personalities and former Elders, Ministerial Servants, Pioneers, Missionaries, Bethelites and Publishers as well as some who have never been Jehovah's Witnesses post here.

• cofty
    cofty

Hi welcome to the forum.

Ole is the man!

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

Hey, welcome aboard. Glad to have you here. We don't get too tasty anymore now do we? I mean it's fun now and then but allies are allies you know? It's so quiet without Morpheus around.

• Sigfrid Mallozzi
    Sigfrid Mallozzi

Welcome! Look forward to learning more from you.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Howdy back at you.

Many were raised in it. Their ability to know better was wired out of some brains.
    Many were convinced they knew something special that the rest of the world just is blinded to.

Mainly, its a dangerous mind-control cult and it uses deceitful means to get people thinking the wrong way.

Otherwise, I am kind of with you. While I was sucked in (for reasons too long to cover in one post) I remember reading that it is something we should figure out eventually. Well, it took me 20-ish years, but I feel like most should get tired of it or smell something rotten about it.

Anyway, welcome. Howdy. See you around the forums.

• KimD
    KimD

I am new here too. Welcome! :)

• Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome Ole! And Kim D!

Usually it got 'tasty' when it came to gun rights.......them there conversations could sure put a hitch in your get-along. Now we have to wade through politics. That pussy grabbing kind of politics (pardon my french).

Speaking of hard times......... every time my parents wanted to change the TV channel my job growing up, was to wade through ten yards of shag carpeting to turn to the proper channel, we had six channels, and then adjust the aluminum foil on the rabbit ears to get a clearer picture. Then of course............ had to run to the refrigerator to get my Pop a fresh beer.

No wonder I became a JW........ sitting in a kingdom hall napping for an hour or two was a step up!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Howdy Ole welcome to the forum we look forward to your contributions non monetary ones LOL

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Hi and welcome! Whether you want to find out something regarding JW history or beliefs, keep in the know on what the org's up to, hear different points of view, or just need to get something off your chest and vent, this is the place!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit