Watching the Rio Olympics? What's your sporting interest?

by smiddy 28 Replies latest social physical

• smiddy
    smiddy

I haven`t seen much if anything on the Rio Olympic Games on this forum , I can`t believe their is so little interest in such a sporting event that is televised world wide.

I don`t get to watch everything , but events I do like to see when I can are,track and field ,gymnastics ,swimming , diving ,and their are a few other sports I will watch when they are on , especially if an Australian is involved.

how about you ? Whats your favourite sport to watch ?

Has the "Drug" issue affected your view of the games ? Should repeated offenders have been allowed to participate in the games at all ? Has the Olympic Committee got it wrong in not banning all those with positive drug tests ?

I`m an Aussie , and so far we haven`t done too bad considering our population. How has your Country fared in medals tally ?

Are the Olympics living up to their Ideals ? in your opinion ? if not why not ?

I would appreciate your comments

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

my wife watches it. Only sport I like watching American football and baseball.

• cofty
    cofty

I love the Olympics. Track and Field are my favourite events but some of the games this week have been good. Gymnastics are excellent.

Great Britain are likely to do well but not as well as in London 2012

• jaydee
    jaydee

....no interest....

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

I like basketball. Go team USA!

• prologos
    prologos

It is great to see the young faces, minds, bodies doing the best mankind can do, the great feats, right now. watched olympics since 1936, on television .

• Simon
    Simon

I used to like the middle distance running in the golden age with Seb Coe etc... competing. Rugby 7's is always good to watch. Mostly now though, yawn.

The thing I like the least is swimming and how they hand out medals like candy because of all the ways to swim they invented. The track equivalent would be "running event" ... "running with your arms above your head" ... "running backwards" ... "running by jumping with both feet together" etc... (all repeated over 100m, 150m, 200m, 250m, individual and relay ...)

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Nah.... sorry but the Olympics & summertime sports in general leave me cold. I am not Nationalistic and take no pleasure in the G B team winning medals.....but at home, the football (soccer to some) season is starting. That is different !

• Hadriel
    Hadriel

A sport often missed that is really cool to watch is Kayaking believe it or not. Watched that one year and was like whoa this is really cool stuff.

• Landy
    Landy

I've been watching women's volleyball and there's already been a wrist injury.

But I think I should be ok by Thursday

:D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit