Judgment Day

by Fisherman 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Executing someone who commits murder does nothing. Now two human lives have been ended early for no good reason. The execution does not bring back the dead nor does it ease the suffering of the family and loved ones of the victim. It only brings more suffering.

I started my career working as a Correctional Officer. I walked the concrete jungle for 7 years before coming a police officer. I have worked 3 Murder cases personally as an investigator. I have been through multiple jury trials involving violent crime. I was watched the families address the defendant during victim impact statements. Here is what I always found strange for years; the families say these 2 things to the defendant -

• I forgive you.
    • I hope you find peace.

What is better?

• A person does wrong and redeems themselves or
    • A person is harmed for doing wrong?

The book All the Rage: Buddhist Wisdom on Anger and Resentment helped me see things in a different light.

• waton
    waton
    Executing someone who commits murder does nothing

tbn. not so, worst case scenario, an innocent person might die, because of failure, or deliberate action of those working in the lucrative Criminal Industrial Complex.( not mean to be demeaning of the sincere and hard working workers there)

we dont know how many people had second thoughts before acting when they thought about their own neck, last breath. As I said they are asking for it, as do the elders that deliver biased judgements.

delivering a quarter hour of nitrogen is cheaper, less painful too, than keeping criminals warehoused for years and years. targeted population control.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    "Already explained that in a previous post."

Your explanation does not justify your organization's judgments. Your organization has judged that millions of Christians who were martyred for their faith in Christ prior to the 20th century were not real Christians. Similarly today your Governing Body has judged all who name the name of Christ that are not JWs are also professed but not real Christians and therefore worthy of destruction if alive when Armageddon strikes. And you agree with them.

On what basis do Jehovah's Witnesses judge that those millions martyred prior to the twentieth century were not Christians?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Clarification :

just for the record could you explain once and for all if you are for or against the judging of sin/evil by God?

If I can rephrase that ?

just for the record could you explain once and for all if you are for or against the judging of sin/evil and leave GOD out of it?

Yes ,for the judging of evil by the appropiate authorities , and according to the Bible the authorities are to be obeyed because it is an arrangement of GOD.Rom.13:1-7

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Hi Smiddy,

The issue with government and other powers judging is that secular laws are based or arbitrary standards and as chief justice Berger said that they are Courts of law not Courts of justice. Laws are not just. Judgment day has to do with good and bad not legal and illegal. Secular courts adjudicate unlawful conduct and not morality. Judgement day is payback and justice and vengeance and setting things straight and vindication. Justice is for those getting recompensed for injustice like when God executed the first born of Egypt in retaliation for Pharoh killing first born of Israel but in judgement day the dead get resurrected too totally defeating the enemies of God’s friends. So there is a big difference between secular courts that try law breakers and prosecuters even punish innocent people and forcing them to plead guilty or face with death or 4 times the punishment and that ain’t justice. Judgment day will satisfy thise wronged and those who repented too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit