It's official - the G.B. has replaced the Holy Spirit!

by The Searcher 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jhine
    jhine

Fukitol , as a long , long time member of the Anglican Church l can honestly say that l owe my allegiance to Yahweh and no man . If l disagree with something that is said or done by that church l am free to say so . You only have to look at the discussion going on about same sex marriage to see that Anglicans can have their own opinions on any subject . I think that most other faith groups are the same , no one has to go along with anything against their conscience .

Nobodyspecial that may be a sly dig at other denominations precisely because we are not obliged , under threat of shunning , to agree with everything uttered by our leaders .

Jan

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Refreshing

• blondie
    blondie

My question when a young jw I would ask does the bible say that Jesus was loyal to the religious leaders of the day or to the scriptures and God himself. How often did Jesus point out their flaws using the scriptures and pronouncing their being sent to eternal death as a group if they did not change. That they were making god's word invalid by their man-made doctrines.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If the GB leaders of the WTS have been caught in devious lies regarding their doctrines and there has been no open repentance or apology to those lies, what does that say about Jesus actually choosing these men or the proclamation that they are being guided by god's own holy spirit ?

The WTS was in fact selling a commercialized tainted false Gospel on their own accord, something they may be judged upon by god .

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

Each one of us does well to ask himself, ‘Am I loyal to the channel that Jesus is using today?'

Translation: ‘Am I loyal to the governing body?’

• OutsiderLookingIn
    OutsiderLookingIn

Thanks, Searcher. Just a question: is this from the secret study edition or what they have on the carts? If the latter, I'd love to ask the cart attendees about John 14:26 and what exactly happened in 1919 to override the Bible. If the GB still call attention to 1914/1919, it makes it harder for JWs to get away from it and the fact that nothing has happened in over 100 years of the kingdom.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Since 1919, the glorified Jesus Christ has been using that slave to help his followers understand God’s own Book and heed its directives.

This to me is like shooting yourself in the foot.

Now JWS or incoming interested ones will research back what the WTS was preaching 100 years ago.

If the WTS was smart they wouldn't mention this proclamation (1919) at all and let it rest undisclosed.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I wonder is any of the GB members after realizing what was printed out in this article were thinking in reflection .

" Oh shit the Inter- net "

• Listener
    Listener

Winston (Watchtower Examination) has just made a video on this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qBZf4E1a2U

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    The Watchtower November 2016, page 16, par. 9 says this:
    "Some may feel that they can interpret the Bible on their own. However, Jesus has appointed the ‘faithful slave’ to be the only* channel for dispensing spiritual food.
    The Watchtower February 2017 - Who is Leading God's People Today? Paragraph 12.
    "The Governing Body is neither inspired nor infallible. Therefore, it can err in doctrinal matters or in organizational direction."

More reason to go back to the WBT$ then!

I think not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit