It's official - the G.B. has replaced the Holy Spirit!

by The Searcher 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

The Watchtower November 2016, page 16, par. 9 says this:

"Some may feel that they can interpret the Bible on their own. However, Jesus has appointed the ‘faithful slave’ to be the only* channel for dispensing spiritual food. Since 1919, the glorified Jesus Christ has been using that slave to help his followers understand God’s own Book and heed its directives. By obeying the instructions found in the Bible, we promote cleanness, peace, and unity in the congregation. Each one of us does well to ask himself, ‘Am I loyal to the channel that Jesus is using today?’

John 14:26 tells a very different story - "....the holy spirit which the Father will send in my name........will teach you all things....." (unless some folks in Brooklyn N.Y. tell you otherwise!)

* Oh, Mr. Jackson of the G.B. - liar, liar, pants on fire!! You swore on God's own book to tell the truth to the Australian Royal Commission, and then went on to tell the Commission that it would be presumptuous of your cabal to claim they were God's only spokespersons on earth.

Judging by the latest Watchtower, it looks like your cohorts want to broadcast their presumptuousness!

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/430600001/geoffrey-jackson-that-would-presumptuous-us?size=10&page=1

Maybe someone will share your "new light" with the A.R.C.

• freddo
    freddo

Maybe leprosy will be flashing up in the foreheads of the GB for presumptuousness like King Uzziah?

Sadly not.

• Saename
    Saename

Haha! Beautiful! Before, the publications I have found would indicate that the Governing Body is God's channel of communication. However, none—to my memory at least—implied that the Governing Body is God's only channel of communication. This Watchtower changes things entirely. It clearly calls the Governing Body the only channel "for dispensing spiritual food," which, as I understand it, means the only channel "for communication with God."

By the way, how can one contact the ARC to inform them of this matter?

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Saename, It's not the first time they made that claim. I remember them making it decades ago. I forget the Watchtower where the claim was made but it used the phrase "sole channel of communication"

• Saename
    Saename

Village Idiot, when I think about it again, I guess it is possible that they used the word "sole." But then again, I was a Jehovah's Witness for a rather short period of time. All I remember personally is their implying that they are God's only channel.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Their really turning up the propaganda and it reeks of desperation. This will also cause more people to wake up.

• sp74bb
    sp74bb

Desesperation signs ahead !!!

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

This is nothing new, way back when they were always saying and telling their members that crap.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

This is nothing new, way back when they were always saying and telling their members that crap.

Yes, Village Idiot and Tameria2001 are right....

That's all folks!

DarK SpilveR

Watchtower July 15, 1960, page 439: Staying Awake with the “Faithful and Discreet Slave”

Link to page scan

Paragraph 2: How is this divine will to be made known and brought to the attention of the worthy multitudes of men of good will toward Jehovah? Again the awake world-watchman, the “slave” class, must undertake another world educational campaign following their restoration as witnesses after 1919. Such a global work has now been under way for more than forty years and is reaching its fruitful culmination. The facts show that during this time and up to the present hour the “slave” class has served as God’s sole collective channel for the flow of Biblical truth to men on earth. Just as the early Christian congregation collectively served as the channel of communication from heaven to earth, so in our time. (Eph. 3:10) Abundant spiritual food and amazing details as to the doing of God’s will have been flowing through this unique channel actually as a miraculous evidence of the operation of holy spirit. The present stature of the New World society of Jehovah’s witnesses, numbering nearly a million ministers in 175 lands, gives eloquent testimony that it is not the product of human ingenuity. Rather, it is the product of holy spirit operating theocratically through a tested channel, influencing the lives of dedicated men and women in all walks of life. — Zech. 4:6.

Watchtower October 1, 1967, page 590: Finding Freedom with Jehovah’s Visible Organization

Link to page scan

Paragraph 18: Those in the apostolic organization did not fulfill these requirements for the Christian congregation in just a token way. They viewed their position in Jehovah’s chosen visible channel as sacred and would allow nothing to jeopardize their standing with God. They had no fear of this world. (Matt. 10:26-28) Their only concern was to provide for the safety and well-being of the flock of God. Jesus pointed to this mark of the true visible organization in connection with a detailed prophecy relating to this time of the end He said: “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. Truly I say to you, He will appoint him over all his belongings.”—Matt. 24:45-47.

Paragraph 19: Evidences are now conclusive that Jesus Christ was enthroned in heaven in 1914 C.E. and that he accompanied Jehovah to his temple in 1918 C.E., when judgment began with the house of God. (1 Pet. 4:17) After cleansing those belonging to this house who were alive on earth, Jehovah poured out his spirit upon them and assigned them the responsibility of serving as his sole visible channel, through whom alone spiritual instruction was to come. Those who recognize Jehovah’s visible theocratic organization, therefore, must recognize and accept this appointment of the “faithful and discreet slave” and be submissive to it.

• Giordano
    Giordano

".......... reeks of desperation." That reek is flop sweat and fear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit