What Will You Be Doing On New Year’s Eve?

by minimus 14 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I can’t remember the last time I stayed in on New Year’s Eve. Every year we went out and made this date a real party. It was a celebration that included a night out, a stay in a hotel , eating, drinking and dancing to live music!

This year it looks like take out Chinese food and an early night.🙁

What are your plans for the last day of 2020?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

the same as you--except the chinese takeaway.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Staying home with my husband, quiet night. Our daughter is in Arizona for the week. Have to work on Saturday, too. 😦

• hoser
    hoser

Going to work as usual. It’s a Thursday. Catching up on paperwork at the office. As Jehovah’s witnesses we were raised to treat these days as any other day.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Tonight? In.

20 years ago? I and my new GF (now wife) drove up thru PA to New Jersey in a stow storm a few days before. We stayed in a nice hotel in the Meadowlands. The storm dropped about 14 inches as I recall. The city actually looked clean during our stay. Dec 30th, I took my wife to the World Trade Center, where we ate at Windows on the World, followed by the roof. New Year's Eve we had a great meal at Rosie O'Grady's Saloon, then headed down to Times Square. We got there about 6pm, and were about 1/3-1/2 way back from the front. It was cold as hell that night, but we stuck it out with people from all over the world around us. Gotta pee? Oh well!!! Your friends made a circle around you as you squatted down and pissed in a bottle. See, once in a section inside Times Square, you can't leave!!! You are stuck there until after the ball drops. We made it!!!! The ball drops, welcoming in 2001 and the new millennium. Little did we know what that year would bring. Now, what a lot of people don't know is just how much New York has their shit together for New Years Eve. 15 mins after the ball drops, 1 million + people have shuffled out of Times Square. The cleaning crews are already waiting to clean up everything so by morning it is business as usual in there. Anyway, we walked to the Staten Island Ferry, and got across to the NJ side where we were staying. It was a fun, once-in-a-lifetime thing that I'm glad I did.

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

Sinking a couple of cold ones, while waiting to watch the fireworks on TV

• just fine
    just fine

Dinner reservations at my favorite restaurant with the hubby. Don’t know how he pulled off the reservations but I’m excited to go.

• GregW
    GregW

All the local night spots have to close early tonight where I live so it looks like ordering in some Chinese and watch a couple of movies.

Not bad, not great

I suspect sometime in 2021 we will eventually return to normal social interactions,

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

What I've been doing for the last 40 years: Watch the Bye Bye 2020 on TV

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Freezing rain predicted. For some reason the weather is always shitting on NYE. Considered catching a flight to somewhere warm. Ft Lauderdale maybe. But traveling isn't all that fun anymore. TSA. Flight delays. Walking miles to the gates.Easier to stay near home.

On the other hand -- Local restaurants are closed due to Covid, so no better place to go than our own hot tub with a nice bottle of champagne (if we stay up til midnight).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit