Applause in your disfellowship announcement

by elkatire1980 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• elkatire1980
    elkatire1980
    Has anyone done this before?
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Do you mean that the Cong applauded? (Surely not.)

Or, that you attended and applauded? That would surely put one final nail in the coffin if you ever thought you'd want to consider reinstatement. (Unless you can pull the "crazy card".)

Doc

The greatest revenge is living a happy & successful life!

• elkatire1980
    elkatire1980
    What I mean is that after giving to the elders of my congo the letter of resignation, take a group of friends to the Kingdom Hall, the day of the announcement, and clap at the precise moment they are giving the new.
  • 08out
    08out
    Never heard of that, I know of one young lady that gave everyone the one finger salute on her way out after they read her name of
  • Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup

It happened in a hall I attended during my teenage years. The brother was later declared mentally challenged though.

You know how silent the hall normally gets when after the middle song they call an elder for a "sad announcement", to the moment they finish making the announcement. In that unusual silence I heard, just inches behind my back a horrible bong bong bong bong noise . The guy actually had a bible in one hand at the moment they made the announcement, so he made his applause with one hand and the BIBLE which made that terrible noise. After applauding, he said loudly: "Bravo...Congratulations! and good job! The workers of the 11th hour are sacking the workers of the 1rst hour."(This is a literal translation, I'm' feeling too lazy to check that verse in the English bible).

I never ever forgot that moment nor those words. A total surprise! I, the goodie-2-shoes, was mortified; just wanted to vanish from my seat. I was sitting at the back of the hall, he was leaning against the back door.

In the end, his words were meaningless because he was a recent convert who climbed up the ladder in a flash. He was a reg. pioneer and a min. servant.

• freddo
    freddo

Now of course such announcements are right at the very end of the CLAM meeting.

Perhaps get your phone to play "I'm Free!" by The Who as you march to the exit?

Even better if the sound department unwittingly played it instead of the closing song!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Tempest: So the DF mentally challenge folks but keep deprave child abusers. Make sense..
  • Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup
    James: at the moment of the disfellowshipping no one knew about his mental conditions. It took many months and incidents for people to realize that he had actually gone nuts.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Tempest: was he reinstated.. He was nuts, having a mental breakdown. Don't kick a man

when he down. Plus Jehovah can read hearts and his holy spirit should have inform the

Elders. OK I'm just kidding with you. It is a funny story " people realized that he had actually gone nuts".

The organization will do that to you. LOL

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    JWs: Mentally diseased = evil!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit