The story of Jonathan and David, is this male bonding or something else?

by James Mixon 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Lieu
    Lieu

Middle Easterners would consider a son going against his father perverse, particularly a King's son and heir. Jonathan in effect is giving up his throne as crown prince. Saul wife doesn't want to be bothered with a husband out farting around with idols and their ceremonies involving temple hos; ancient STDs and such.

The kissing and whatnot is a normal male thing throughout Africa, the Mediterranean, Eastern Europe, SE Asia, and the Middle East.

Only societies with sexually repressed males find it odd. They also find nudity odd, so. Ie. Don't get around Italian men or Jewish men, they greet each other with kisses and hugs. (Not handshakes which I can understand, considering)

• Lieu
    Lieu
    Everything is not about sex. I chock that up to the corrupted minds of some Western European societies (only some). That comes from being bombarded by a religious society obsessed with sex.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Lieu: Agree"religious society obsessed with sex", and JW's are in the front of the pack

with that one. Not only the males but also females are sexually repressed.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

This is a shoutout to coco. He's always representin' for English grammar and vocabulary.

Once an editor always an editor.

I have a Tshirt that says, "I'm silently correcting your grammar."

It's the most honest thing ever.

Sorry to derail the conversation. Back to homosexual Bible heroes.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Yes I forgot to thank CC for setting me straight, perverse vs perverted.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Monkeys kiss eachother and don't really worry about who is watching, except for Harpy Eagles. Just sayin....

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit