My sister has a different view of shunning to my brother-in-law, but he doesn't know

by Xanthippe 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

lol punkofnice

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Then I thought I would like to thank my sister so I used the mobile phone number I've not used since my parents died and sent her a text telling her how good the photo looked enlarged in the exhibition and thanking her.

Are you sure she still has the same phone number? Is it possible that she just didn't receive your text message?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

ToesUp, yes very frustrating.

The text was delivered, Pete.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

The text was delivered, Pete.

I suppose it's possible the number may belong to someone else now and your message was delivered to the new party instead of your Sister. I've received " wrong number" texts and have ignored them unless they've seemed important in which case I've texted back and let them know they had a wrong number.

I'd hate to see you miss an opportunity to keep in touch because you thought she was ignoring you. ( just sayin' )

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

Xanth because you are her sis she may feel more threatened by anything that would draw you both closer together

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    • I'd hate to see you miss an opportunity to keep in touch because you thought she was ignoring you. ( just sayin')
    • Thanks Pete I do appreciate it. Some people are just so screwed up by this cult it's hard to know what to do, you know? When I left I wrote to my sister and she didn't reply to several letters. Eventually I phoned her and asked her why she hadn't replied, she said it seemed like my letters were trying to get a reaction from her. What do you say to that? Eh yes they were, I would have liked a reply!
    • She said she was going to put the phone down and I started to cry. I said I don't think you'll ever phone me again. She said I will, you will just have to trust me.
    • Twelve years later I sent her a card because I heard she was seriously ill, she phoned and thanked me and soon after that it went back to 'normal'. Sorry Pete, I just don't understand people like this, it just doesn't compute.
  • Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Sorry Pete, I just don't understand people like this, it just doesn't compute.

When JW's behave this way to their family members it reminds me of the time Jesus Apostles, full of their own importance, were heavily condemning the prostitute . They were willing to condemn her to the fullest while Jesus himself, the Son of God, was kind and forgiving to her.

It's a case of "The Butler(s) being more grand than the King himself".

It's sometimes the same way in an office. The head manager might be casual and have an open door management style but to speak to him one must first get past the $10.00 and hour clerk who is being far more officious than she needs to be by creating unnecessary road blocks because she's on some kind of personal power trip.

Shunning people is the only power the the GB allows the lowly individual JW to have. When shunning, most of them aren't primarily concerned with "sticking up for Jehovah". Their main motivation is the extra sense of virtuousness they get to experience by doing so. They get to play the role of the martyr (look what your actions done to me). Then also enjoy how noble it makes them appear to the group. This is referred to as "Virtue Signaling".

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Fascinating wiki page on virtue signalling thanks.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Sorry that you have to deal with that undeserved behavior from your sister. Seems like she's happy to have you out of her life. Sad.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Thanks scratchme, none of us deserve it do we? Actually I feel a bit embarrassed going on about it after all this time. Normally I don't think about it but we lost my father-in-law, my daughter's beloved grandfather on Thursday and she was so upset. It just brought home to me how few relatives she has that's all. So many aunts, uncles and cousins she could have had.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit