Exposing Watchtower Lies & Errors - Part II

by AGuest 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AGuest
    AGuest

To the Household of God, Israel, and those that go with them... again, the greatest of peace to you. I have been directed to continue, as follows: EXPOSING WATCHTOWER LIES & ERRORS Part II “CHRIST SPEAKS TO THE CONGREGATIONS” The Watchtower, May 15, 2003

Paragraph 6:

Today, congregations of Jesus’ true followers have a similar record of good deeds, hard work, endurance.

If they are truly speaking about my Lord's "TRUE followers," they are correct. However, if they are speaking of themselves (which, of course, they are), this statement is:

A lie – The “record” of the WTBTS’s “good deeds” fails miserably compared to others who also call themselves “christians.” While others set up ongoing relief missions to assist even their enemies, hospitals, homes for fatherless children, and care for widows and elderly, the WTBTS solicits contributions, as well as the inheritances and insurance policies of widows, and turns their back on the fatherless child… for the purpose of acquiring real estate!

They use the “Kingdom Hall-less” plight of those in less fortunate lands to play on the guilt of members, all they while increasing their real estate holdings. If they sold just ONE building in New York, they could construct 100 kingdom halls for those who don’t have them and can’t afford them. But instead, they solicit even more funds, and then LOAN such funds to congregations while charging interest.

Then, contrary to what my Lord taught us, they “greet their brothers only”, and rather than love their enemies, speak ill of them, sometimes even as they walk away from a householder’s door. They print slanderous, condemning propaganda, when even the Christ himself did nothing of the sort, and while they themselves exist in the same “shame”. Their own shame, they attempt to cover over by crying that they’re being falsely accused and persecuted.

The ONLY time JWs move to action, is when some major crisis has touched their “brothers” and a call goes out. This is commendable, no doubt. However, the 1 st century Christians were consistently moved: they provided relief missions to the poor on a regular basis. Besides pedophilia, this is their shame: although charged to care for widows and orphans, they leave such care to the families and governments they deride.

In their eyes, their “good deeds” consist of regular meeting attendance, field service, placing magazines, listening to their leaders in “Bethel”, adhering to strict regulations based on the Law Covenant… and separating themselves from those who do not worship as they do, particularly family. However, in doing all of this, they COMPLETELY disregard the TRUE “fast” of JAH, which is:

LOOSEN the fetters of wickeness RELEASE the bands of the yoke bar SEND AWAY the crushed ones FREE Tear in two EVERY yoke bar Divide out YOUR bread to the hungry Bring the afflicted, homeless people into YOUR house COVER the naked And NOT hide yourself from your own flesh

Isaiah 58:6, 7

Rather than loosening the fetters of wickedness, the WTBTS perpetuates among its members a sense of “superiority” so that rather than consider themselves the LEAST… they raise their noses at all who are not of their “sort”… considering all others “unclean.” Yet, it is NOT the righteous that my Lord came to save… for the righteous have no need of salvation. Rather, it was among sinners that he could always be found. Why? Because they were contrite. He gave us the example to understand in the parable of the Pharisee… and the tax collector. Pharisees were lauded by the people… and themselves… as being righteous. The tax collector, however, was despised by the people; however, he knew it, and knew why… and did not raise himself up. As a result, my LORD raised him up.

Rather than release the bands of the yoke bar, the WTBTS endeavors to further yoke its members… not to Christ, the One who said “Take MY yoke upon you… for MY load is light.” No, they yoke its members to its organization, with its never ending rules, regulations, directives, dictates, doctrines, requirements and teachings. They put upon their members hourly quotas in order to be considered “spiritual,” so that some feel forced to extend themselves beyond what they truly can do; others look down upon and judge those who appear to give less as being “unspiritual.” In doing this, they completely disregard the lesson of the “widow’s mite” – it is not HOW MUCH ones gives… it is WHY ones gives. Their yoke is so heavy, that many find it impossible to balance daily living with familial responsibilities, with WTBTS responsibilities. My Lord NEVER yoked his disciples so… nor did his disciples yoke any so. There were no meetings, no field service requirements, no books to place (and count)… and no compulsory contributions (which is why Anaias and Sapphira died – they didn’t HAVE to give at all! But if they chose to do so, they should have given what they VOWED to give, rather than attempt to fool holy spirit!) Thus, IF the WTBTS wanted to be noted for their “good deeds,” they would “tear in two” EVERY yoke band, including that which they have imposed upon their members, leaving ONLY the “yoke” between such ones… and Christ. For there is no other yoke that is “light”.

And as a result, they would then:

Send AWAY the crushed one… FREE!” But they neither send them away, nor permit them to leave. Like Pharaoh of Egypt, they believe such ones belong to THEM… and lay heavy guilt upon them if they wish to be released from the heavy, enslaving, burdensome yoke of the WTBTS. If one even intimates that they wish to leave them, to go “celebrate a festival to JAH,”… they are counseled and attempts are made to talk them out of it. If that does not work, then such ones are slanderously labeled, marked… and in some cases, expelled from their “synagogues”. But the sheep are NOT theirs; thus, they are not theirs to hold.

Just as when Lot wished to separate from Abraham, Abraham did not deride Lot, but out of LOVE made an agreeable arrangement with him. And where did Lot go? To Sodom! Did Abraham condemn him for this? No! Why? Because Abraham knew Lot… and knew that Lot loved God and Christ. Abraham was not threatened by Lot’s request. And when God wanted to destroy Sodom, Abraham did not say to himself, “Well, Lot should have stayed with me, but he’s there now. He’s not my problem, so if he goes down with the city, he goes down with the city.” No, not only did Abraham plead for Lot, he pleaded for ALL in those cities, although they would have been constituted as his enemies! And isn’t that what the Christ himself did and taught us? That rather than judge, we are to LOVE our “enemies” and PRAY for them? But the “black” heart of the WTBTS and its members cannot fathom that. Theirs are hearts full of malice and hatred… and thus, hypocrisy/leaven. They have a FORM of “godly devotion,” but prove FALSE to its power! They honor God with their LIPS… but their HEARTS… are far removed from Him. For God IS love!

They would divide out THEIR bread to the hungry… divesting themselves of their vast holdings (all the while hypocritically condemning other religions for their wealth!)… hand them out so as to cause an “equaling” among their members. In essence, they would “SELL their belongings and give to the poor!” That is, if they wanted to be “perfect” (as they haughtily believe th ey are!) But instead, they brag over their possessions, making much in their publications of the Halls, buildings, compounds, theaters, hotels, and land that they possess, ALL had… at the price of ‘widows houses.” Rather than put the responsibility of caring for the poor, the fatherless and the elderly among them, on family that they’ve told such ones NOT to associate with, or governments that they’ve condemned, THEY would step up to the plate the care for their own! THEY would take care of their own “household”, using whatever monies they were given to feed the poor, cloth the naked and house the homeless among THEM!

Yet, when such ones present themselves, they SHAME them… by telling them that their situation (poverty, homelessness, etc.) is the result of punishment/discipline from JAH. Yet, if they themselves could HEAR what the spirit says, they would know that it is THEY who are being put to the test! For “unbeknownst to them, some… entertained angels.” Thus, their “works” of meeting attendance, field service, book placement, etc., is MOOT. For they completely disregard the “works” that prove FAITH, as mentioned by James:

“Of what benefit is it, my brother, if a certain one SAYS he has faith but he does not have WORKS? That faith cannot save him, can it? If a brother or a sister is in a naked state and lacking food sufficient For the day, yet a certain one of YOU says to them: ‘Go in peace, Keep warm and well fed,’ but YOU do NOT give them the necessi- Ties for their BODY… of what BENEFIT is it? Thus, too, faith, IF IT DOES NOT HAVE WORKS, is dead in itself.”

Thus, they can SAY all day long that they have faith and that such faith will save them. However, it is their lack of WORKS… in this very manner… that condemns them. Neither I, nor you, nor Christ need do so. They condemn… themselves.

As for bringing the afflicted, homeless people into their houses, we all know that Witnesses have the greatest problem bringing ANYONE who is not a Witness into their houses. And in their minds, there is no such thing as a “homeless” Witness. True, there are young folks/couples, and separating ones, and traveling overseers, etc. But these are not really “homeless” are they? No, these are just temporarily inconvenienced. And those who are not Witnesses that they WILL allow into their homes are either family… or friends/neighbors that they “approve” of as “clean” (well, they’re not SO bad!)

But the homeless that my Father and my Lord refer to are NOT friends and family: they are STRANGERS (1 Timothy 5:10). Does that means it is someone right off the street? It can. Or it can be someone stranded by the road, someone who’s fell on hard times, a runaway, whatever. What it MEANS, however, is that it is not always a “brother,” technically or literally. But their FEAR (which, if they had faith in God, who promises to bless us they would NOT have, but would KNOW that they would receive such blessing...), prevents them from doing this "good" deed. They fail to hear, thus to know and understand... that LOVE... "casts fear... OUTSIDE."

Regarding covering the naked, the same would apply as feeding the hungry: it is NOT everyone else’s responsibility, but the responsibility of each individual, IF they see someone in need. And although James mentions seeing a brother or sister naked and hungry, the lesson of the “Good Samaritan” helps us to understand who REALLY is our “neighbor,” a word that includes strangers and enemies, as well as friends and family. But the Society absolutely misses this point, doing good “to their brothers ONLY,” in the manner of the “nations” that my Lord told us NOT to be “like”. (Matthew 5:43-48)

Finally, with regard to “NOT [hiding] yourself from your own flesh..” Jehovah’s Witnesses are at the forefront of disregarding this “fast” – they forbid association with family… one’s own FLESH… by means of their laws, doctrines and edicts. Yet, even though his own brothers did not accept him as Christ, my Lord never left them or pushed them away from HIM. Even though he knew Judas to be wicked in heart, he did not separate himself from him, but allowed him to remain until the final hour. Even though adulteresses were brought to him, he did not judge them… but forgave them, and without them having asked for it… or “shown” repentance. (John 8:1-11). Rather than judge and condemn him, my Lord invited himself into the house of an extortioner, Zaccahaeus, and ate with a leper, Simon. He offered the ‘water of life’… holy spirit and thus, everlasting life, to a woman who lived with a man who was not her husband, and he received Pharisees who came to him under cover of night, rather than boldly in the day. Why? Because he knew that it was NOT judgment, condemnation and separation that would change these. Rather, it was LOVE that would change them: if he LOVED them, and SHOWED them such love… rather than harangue and belittle them… they would KNOW that he was the Son of God… for God IS love. They would then put FAITH in him… and follow him by MEANS of that faith… due to HIS love… and not theirs.

In all these things, the “deeds” of the WTBTS and its members (generally, not individually)… fall short. Who, then, are they to consider their deeds “good”… while condemning the deeds of others? Hypocrites! They are among those, then, that will hear my Lord say, “Get away from me!” For although they will say, “Lord, Lord, didn’t we do such-and-so in your name?” he will say, “I never KNEW you!” Why? Because by THEIR “fruits” he, too, would “know” them. Yet, their “fruits” do NOT include the love of God, which love INCLUDED… the WORLD. (John 3:17)

Again, I bid you the greatest of peace... and ears to hear what the Spirit and the Bride KEEP saying, to ALL those who are thirsting, wishing and hearing:

"Come! Take 'life's water'... FREE!"

For the blessings of JAH... THAT is what makes rich! And, unlike the heavily burdensome membership of the WTBTS... HE... adds NO pain with it!"

I will continue, if and as my Lord directs.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• Buster
    Buster

SJ,

well-reasoned, a pleasure to read. Of course the basic JW teachings are at the core of their attitude towards charity. Considering all the rotten things that are to befall humanity before the big battle, it would be working against God to try to alleviate the suffering. That reasonaing goes all the way back to Russell. One thing tho:

and knew that Lot loved God and Christ
  • AGuest
    AGuest
    and knew that Lot loved God and Christ

Dearest Buster... may you have peace... and I am not sure of your "one thing." It seems you are asking question, perhaps with reference to Lot's love of the Christ. Yes? If so, we can be sure that he did love the Christ, for unlike the "men" of Sodom, he did not reject the angels sent to gather him, but went with them, even if after some delay.

True, many would think that this evidences a love of God. But one cannot KNOW God in order to LOVE Him... without knowing the Christ. Truly. Daniel knew him, and called him "my Lord," in his vision (Daniel 10). David knew him, and called him "my Lord," in Psalm 10. Moses knew him... and esteemed his (the Christ's) reproach as riches greater than the treasures of Egypt - it was, after all, the Christ that followed up Israel on its exodus from Egypt.

All of those who served God before us knew the Christ. From Abel until now. For you cannot know God, into you cannot COME to God... unless you go through the Christ. He is the Word of God... the One who speaks to us FOR God... and the One about whom the scriptures 'bear witness.'

If, that is, that is the question you are raising.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• hooberus
    hooberus

AGuest while we are on the subject of errors being exposed, do you believe in the Resurrection of Christ's physical body (John 2:19-21)?

• JUSTAMOM
    JUSTAMOM

Hello AGUEST......

May the spirit of Jah and our Lord continue with you!

This truth and exposing is TRULY turning "their water to blood."

May they be forgiven and may those to have a sincere ear truly hear what the spirit is saying.

May you too have peace

I love you

JUSTAMOM (Kim)

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

..."it would be working against God to try to alleviate the suffering"...

So thats why they dont perform charity work huh? Well surely writing to President Banda in Malawi asking him to stop persecuting the Witnesses was "working against God" too. After all, the persecution must come. But then the witnessing work is their primary aim and Cults dont dispense charity.

• gumby
    gumby
    the 1 st century Christians were consistently moved: they provided relief missions to the poor on a regular basis.

Not the tightass dubs. You must be at least 60 with a REAL GOOD record of faithful service and AFTER all other family has been asked first........before you will recieve financial help as a destitute person from the dubs. Any individual dub can help as they wish ....but as a congregated effort....the rules as stated must apply first. Now THATS true christian love!

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Hooberus... may you have peace... and permit me to share with you what was given me by my Lord. Thank you!

Like Adam, my Lord was a being of "halves": half earthling, half spirit being. Both received their flesh from the earth, my Lord through Mary, and their spirit from God. Adam's flesh initially had no "sin" in it, but later, he was "enslaved" in a vessel that contained sin and held him in it. My Lord's first flesh, however, was in the likeness of "sinFUL" flesh, the second flesh that Adam possessed - Romans 8:3

When he died, my Lord's flesh was changed, metamorphed, just as he showed his disciples in the transfiguration, so that he could enter into the spirit world. Flesh (with its blood) cannot enter the spirit world... and normally, it returns to the dust. But the flesh my Lord had was spared that: it was transfigured so as to permit him to enter and preach to the spirits of those who died during the Flood, so that they could put faith in him... and when he returned, it was as the type that Adam had at the first: sinLESS flesh. So that now it was "clean": no sin in it, thus no sickness or death in it. given a new "garment"... or fleshly body. Again, it was not one like ours... for ours cannot transfigure; thus, it cannot enter through closed doors, etc.

Like Adam's original flesh, my Lord now had flesh that could "go in AND out", which is how he was able to ascend into the spirit realm. But this flesh was different from the original flesh he had... and the second flesh Adam had:

Flesh with red hemoglobin as its blood - Adam's last body; Christ's first

Flesh with holy spirit as its "blood" - Adam's first body; Christ's last

Here's the thing: because we are fleshly, we many times put our hope in that which is fleshly. Will there be a resurrection of flesh? Yes, there will. Ezekiel saw it and recorded it. But such resurrection is of no value. Such ones will be first resurrected in the flesh, true, but they will not stay that way: they will either be given a "white robe"... or SPIRIT body (one that can 'go in and out' - like Adam's first and Christ's last)... or they will be tossed, body AND spirit... into Gehenna.

It is the SPIRIT that is life-giving, so that when he was resurrected, my Lord did not become a "living soul" (as Adam was, and all came from Adam, made in HIS "image", not God's - only Adam/Christ were made in God's image)... but a life-giving SPIRIT. As a result, we can now bear the image of THAT One - John 6:63; 1 Corinthians 15:44-49

It is not the resurrection of the flesh that is of import, dear DJ. For the flesh... is of no use at all. If it were, we should all want to REMAIN in the flesh. Rather, it is the SPIRIT that is life-giving. So, that when the body dies, it is sown (buried) a PHYSICAL body, but raised up (grown) a SPIRITUAL body. We are, after all, "seed". And either we die and are then given new bodies (WHITE "robes" or outer garments)... or we are "changed" into them.

When my Lord appeared to his disciples, indeed his flesh and his spirit had been raised. But it was the raising of the spirit that allowed life to be put into such flesh. And it was not the SAME flesh, as was shown by the point he made in no being recognizable to his disciples: it is not by his flesh, his outward appearance that those who love him would know him: it is by his VOICE. And it was due to that VOICE... that Mary and the disciplies knew it was he.

Had he not shown them a body with piercings, they would not have believed it him. Why? Because for those who lack faith, as did Thomas, et al., SEEING... is believing. But it is not those who see who will be counted "happy." It is those who do NOT see... those who HEAR... who will be.

Those who look to the flesh... and for the flesh... are misleading themselves, as did Thomas, who lacked faith. My Lord... is a SPIRIT. So that he cannot be realized through the flesh, just as God cannot be worshipped through the flesh. It MUST be done... by means of spirit.

I hope this helps your understanding, dear Hooberus, and that you have ears to hear.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• hooberus
    hooberus
    AGuest said: When my Lord appeared to his disciples, indeed his flesh and his spirit had been raised. But it was the raising of the spirit that allowed life to be put into such flesh. And it was not the SAME flesh, as was shown by the point he made in no being recognizable to his disciples: it is not by his flesh, his outward appearance that those who love him would know him: it is by his VOICE. And it was due to that VOICE... that Mary and the disciplies knew it was he.

While I agree that Christs body was transformed, The flesh that was resurrected was the same flesh that he possessed before his death.

Jesus received his physical body from Mary, a decendant of David. Thus he was of the seed of David. The scriptures teach that after his resurection that he was still of the seed of David, hense it was the same flesh.

Acts chapter 2

29] Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
    [30] Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
    [31] He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
    [32] This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.

Romans chapter 1 (compare this with 2 Timothy 2:8)

1] Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,
    [2] (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)
    [3] Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh;
    [4] And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:

2 Timothy chapter 2

[7] Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.
    [8] Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:
    [9] Wherein I suffer trouble, as an evil doer, even unto bonds; but the word of God is not bound

• hooberus
    hooberus

John Chapter 2 shows that the same body that was destroyed was to be raised. The word "this" is in the present tense, hense the same body that he had before the crucifixion was to be raised.

18] Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?
    [19] Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
    [20] Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
    [21] But he spake of the temple of his body.
    [22] When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit