Do you pray?

by Fisherman 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BETTY HUMPTER:

My main reason for leaving was the 1995 Generation teaching. When that happened it was truly over.

The other ‘absurdities’ and the way I was treated in general just added to the whole pile of rubbish.

• NotNew
    NotNew

To whom and why? I've never seen reasonable evidence of paying being answered! I have prayed in the past for "god" to feed the starving and protect people (from his evil angles and supported governments)…but the starving still starve and end up dying as does everyone else! So what's the point? Everything stays the same....?

• vienne
    vienne

Do I pray? Yes.

Does God listen? Maybe sometimes.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

Observant ones might have noticed a shift in society towards legalizing the child sexual abuse. For this reason some teachers are not acting effectively when young ones suffer abuse at the hands of their class mates or other older ones.

A child suffering at school in this way, begged her parent to study the Bible with her. But there was no Bible study. Later the child begged the parent to pray for her - I don't know if that happened.

But the following day the entire country went into lockdown, thereby meaning the little child did not have to return to school.

• BettyHumpter
    BettyHumpter
    "Observant ones might have noticed a shift in society towards legalizing the child sexual abuse."

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina
    What do you mean?
  • smiddy3
    smiddy3

Do you pray? NO!

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

I agree with Vanderhoven. Although I prayed to Jehovah for decades, it dawned on me after some research that if God really wanted us to use his proper name, he would reveal it along with the proper pronunciation. The scriptures had 1400 pages to make that clear if it was his wish. Going beyond what is written and turning it into a religion seems like the wrong thing to do. I began to acknowledge him as Father, just as a son speaks to his own father. It seems to be more respectful IMO and inline with how Jesus addressed him.

My old JW acquaintances are dogmatic about using Jehovah but cold on Yahweh or any form of the earlier reference to him as if they would be apostate. They have not researched the origin of "Jehovah" and won't consider that earlier church fathers mislead them.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

The Psalms to Jehovah addresses God by his personal name. For example Psalms 30:1-4. Also, in Jesus’s model prayer: “Let your name be hallowed.” shows how important the divine name is. People mumble the Our Father without even knowing what they are saying or praying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit