Do you pray?

by Fisherman 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    I’ve always had a personal relationship with God that is not affected by any issues or controversies I have with anybody.

Interesting. Would your personal relationship with God be affected if you were to reject the identity claims of certain men in Warwick New York?

• waton
    waton
    Our fellowship is with the Father and the Son. Christians don't need to address God as Jehovah

Vdh 7. true. The record shows that Jesus never addressed the creator, father of it all with The "name", "Eli" perhaps as last words spoken.

Expressing with family thankfulness for all we have in this creation, and sticking to the formula set by Jesus' example, can we do better than that?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    Expressing with family thankfulness for all we have in this creation, and sticking to the formula set by Jesus' example, can we do better than that?

Yes, His example is... "Our Father who art in heaven..."

Is God your Father or do you hope one day that He becomes your Father?

So, would your personal relationship with God be affected if you were to reject the identity claims of certain men in Warwick New York?

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Yeah, I don't think so. Especially if I want something to go a certain way, I pray for just the opposite of what I want or need. That seems to be a sure fire way to get it done. After years of having prayers either unanswered or answered 180° from what I prayed about I figured out that it was mostly an exercise in futility.

• waton
    waton
    Is God your Father or do you hope one day that He becomes your Father? Vdh7.

If we have to accept that the universe, was created, even if it looks that it made itself (all things do), then

with the creator, that fathered the cosmos, we are his latest offspring here on this planet.

No wt mediation needed. Surely, As always, a thank you note is appreciated.

• waton
    waton

The wt/GB argument, that mediation between the workers and God comes only through them, reminds me of the assertion I heard made to an inventor, producer: that his product, like a harvest, has no value until it is exposed to the market place by merchants.

wt and the like are merchants of a questionable product, because they clearly have no trademark, patent endorsement from the maker. have no nutritional value. ( keinen Nährwert).

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Sorry Waton,

I responded to you thinking you were Fisherman.

You're avatars are virtually identical.

• suavojr
  • suavojr
    suavojr

This always made me laugh even when I used to be a hardcore believer. 😂 go figure…

• BettyHumpter
    BettyHumpter

@suavojr:

George Carlin said it funnier and wittier in that full skit, but it coincided with some of my reasons for leaving. My primary reasons for leaving were not so much JW Doctrine specifically (most other faiths are similarly nutty) as much as the absurdity of belief in general.

If a person is sick or struggling, an all knowing God would already know this. Why would he be more inclined to help if you begged him to? And why would he be even more inclined to help in direct proportion to the number of people begging on your behalf?

"Pray for the people of Charleston in the path of Hurricane Whatever" Hurricane changes course as they do and hits Wilmington instead. The faithful of Charleston give thanks for the miracle their prayers achieved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit