Why is the Faithful Slave Now Admitting Ignorance?

by Vanderhoven7 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

I disagree about not wanting Armageddon to happen.

This world is so messed up now you can’t just stick your head in the sand. There is so much misery and suffering perhaps far more so than other times in history.

What this world needs is a huge reset, it may be hard but necessary. All the evil people gone and then a new type of ruler ship that has never been tried before theocratic rule.

Im agnostic so maybe the Bibles promises will come true maybe not but I hope the Bible is the word of God and it turns out to be true

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

According to the Bible, god already tried a reset by emptying the world of life with a massive flood. Just a few generations after, things were already going so poorly that god decided to introduce new languages so as to create divisions and prevent people from working together to achieve amazing things.

Now, we're supposed to believe that god needs to bring massive global destruction because humanity is divided and always in conflict? It sounds as if the previous plans were complete failures. Why would anyone think the next plan would be any better?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LongHairGal - “…Anybody who wants to experience the end of the world scenario as described in the Bible is just plain nuts…”

When I was a young guy, so much of my life experiences seemed to affirm the WT worldview and ideology, which fostered a fair bit of resentment toward “The World”, to the point where I had indeed come to view the WT Armageddon as my own personal supernatural revenge fantasy…

…not a healthy way to go.

Looking back, I honestly think Roland Emmerich and Michael Bay movies helped cure that.

Seriously.

The older I got (and the more I got to see the vivid illustrations from the Revelation Climax book seemingly brought to life on the big screen), the more I grasped just how fucking horrible the End of the World would actually be…

…and the less I wanted it to happen.

And this was before even I started to consider fading.

• forzaitalia
    forzaitalia

A catholic friend of mine pointed this scripture out to me - can't remember ever reading it before but I must have, several times:

"Woe to those who yearn for the day of Jehovah! What, then, will the day of Jehovah mean for you? It will be darkness, and not light." Amos 5:18 nwt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit