Millions now living will never die

by stillin 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillin
    stillin

But pretty much ALL of them are now dead. And so are BILLIONS of others.

So, God doesn't desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance? He has a funny way of showing it...

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

Didn't they change it to "Millions now living MAY never die"...

And in that swoop it makes it all ok...

• NikL
    NikL

They mentioned that millions malarkey in the book study last night.

Talking about how many tuned in the the society radio station WBBR and heard Rutherturd give that talk.

No mention of it being wrong LOL

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

"Millions now living will never die!"=Old lite

"Billions now living will will soon die!" = 'New lite'

just saying!

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

NO it went from MAY to Will.

Not the other way around.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Beats me how they can still be proud of a campaign that was so totally wrong in it's message ..

Proclaimers p 719

1918 The discourse “The World Has Ended—Millions Now Living May Never Die” is first delivered, on February 24, in Los Angeles, California. On March 31, in Boston, Massachusetts, the talk is entitled “The World Has Ended—Millions Now Living Will Never Die”

Proclaimers p 425

What an exciting message they proclaimed—“Millions now living will never die!” Brother Rutherford had given a discourse on this subject in 1918. It was also the title of a 128-page booklet published in 1920. From 1920 through 1925, that same subject was featured again and again around the world in public meetings in all areas where speakers were available and in upwards of 30 languages. Instead of saying, as Christendom does, that all good people would go to heaven, this discourse focused attention on the Bible-based hope of eternal life on a paradise earth for obedient mankind. (Isa. 45:18; Rev. 21:1-5) And it expressed the conviction that the time for the realization of that hope was very near.

Proclaimers p 78

“We may confidently expect,” stated the booklet Millions Now Living Will Never Die, back in 1920, “that 1925 will mark the return [from the dead] of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old . . . to the condition of human perfection.” Not only was the resurrection of faithful men of old expected in 1925 but some hoped that anointed Christians might receive their heavenly reward in that year.

W/t 84 10/1 p24

Regarding his misguided statements as to what we could expect in 1925, he [Rutherford] once confessed to us at Bethel, “I made an ass of myself.”
  • sir82
    sir82

What gets me is their pride in that "Advertise, advertise, advertise, the King and Kingdom!" thing.

That call went out in 1922.

Armageddon was guaranteed, in writing, in the Watchtower (or the Harp book - not sure which), to be here by 1925.

That's why it was so urgent - only 3 years before the world ended!

For some funny reason, that part never gets mentioned when they reference the old "Advertise ^ 3" campaign.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Unless there's a 117 year old JW thier all dead!!

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Beats me how they can still be proud of a campaign that was so totally wrong in it's message ..

That means that if they could vote they would vote republican.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Jesus said that "whoever believes in me will never die at all"

Paul said, over 2000 years ago that Christ was coming to bring vengeance

on those persecuting them (2 Thess 1) Those Paul wrote to 2000 years

ago were looking forward to this relief

I wonder if they were thinking about this when Nero had them burned

on crosses toward the end of that century

I understand that there was new light on these scriptures

My name is Tepid

I'm a Heathen

:0)