• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

did they get fried--?

• Biahi
    Biahi

The father did it, he went to prison. 🙏

• Biahi
    Biahi

Correction, both parents went to prison, mother got 25 years, father got more time.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

A shocking case and a total twisting of any Biblical, or WT direction on child discipline. I acccept that the WT books have upheld corporal punishment but never anything like that. The trouble is that if a man is by nature a controlling bully he can use it to justify his bullying.

I have never known any as bad but some very controlling husbands and fathers.

The more recent stuff on families has played down the “rod of discipline “ approach and been a lot softer.. going with the times, I guess

• minimus
    minimus

Just to be clear, I got the strap, the regular belt, the thick razor belt, the hand and anything close to my mother’s hand. I never was in danger of my life. I thought that the emphasis on the thread was how terrible JW parents are that they even kill or get close to killing their kids. That’s pretty rare but getting “disciplined “, I got it as a kid regularly.🤭

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I was never allowed to play or associate with any non-JW children at any time, even our very friendly neighbours.

• shadowclone
    shadowclone

I played with other kids and can't remember even one time of physical punishment

• Rivergang
    Rivergang

I saw things done to make children sit quietly at JW meetings which could only be described as atrocities.

No bones were broken, nobody died, but what was inflicted on those children (who were just being children) was outright inhumane. 40+ years later, I still cringe when I think about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit