Cutback prediction

by slimboyfat 204 Replies latest members private

• notsurewheretogo
    notsurewheretogo

The WT is having money issues? Yes it is clear that is the case.

Will it be the death of them? No, their 8 million members will always save/back them up.

The WT will not die, they will just live with whatever they have.

• LV101
    LV101

I agree about their followers subsidizing them until the end of their lives - it's like their fav political party or sports team no matter no matter no matter. They have to believe in their delusions and would go broke individually before they'd see their religion dissolve.

• LV101
    LV101

Amazing but seems everywhere I go I bump into a Christian Science Reading Room (don't know exact name) but they're located in expensive rent areas -- Laguna Beach, Ca, Bainbridge, Washington - Seattle -- think I strolled by one in downtown Seattle. They never seem to go out of existence. WT is a long shot away from being a reading room.

• Saved_JW
    Saved_JW

*My Lingering thoughts*

Judging from the outside, I would suspect the new branding "JW.ORG" from a few years ago seems to give us a hint on the business decisions for the up and coming future.

The old Printing/real estate model of business is not working, I think they realize this. The best way to centralize authority will be through the internet, not through the brick and mortar "church" model.

Phasing out publications is the first wave, second to follow will be selling of real estate.

If I had to guess, in a worst case scenario there will no longer be Kingdom Halls. The overhead costs to sustain them will be insurmountable and cut into profit for the headquarters. It would seem to make the most sense [for the American congregations] to simply have family worship nights on Sunday and midweek meetings via JWBroadcasting.

In this way, they centralize information, consolidate resources directly to the headquarters when at the same time cutting the fat on overhead expenses.

Think about it, pretty much nothing the Jehovah's Witnesses currently do in the kingdom hall, cannot be done by simply watching videos on jw.org. Before the major benefit of attending meetings was actually learning how to speak in a public forum, however even this is being phased out through dramas and presentations online shown at the kingdom hall. A traditional church views congregating together as an act of worship, the catholic church makes use of icons/confessions and a priesthood authority to mediate those prayers, sacrament and confessions. The Jehovah's Witnesses have no such model that requires that mediatorship in the local church setting. Their mediators are at headquarters.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Think about it, pretty much nothing the Jehovah's Witnesses currently do in the kingdom hall, cannot be done by simply watching videos on jw.org

The one thing they do in a Kingdom Hall is to put money in the contribution box. Until they can legally charge for downloading videos, I think the KH's are here for a while yet. The KH doesn't really cost the WT Society, the local publishers pay for its construction, repair and upkeep.

George

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Witnesses will happily donate online, I have no doubt of that.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

The KH doesn't really cost the WT Society, the local publishers pay for its construction, repair and upkeep

then the WTS sell it out from under them and steal their money.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

The KHs will cost the WT money if there aren't enough publishers to pay the bills.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    I think the watchtower is short of money even back in 2012 they closed 20 branch offices around the world
  • redvip2000
    redvip2000
    If I had to guess, in a worst case scenario there will no longer be Kingdom Halls. The overhead costs to sustain them will be insurmountable and cut into profit for the headquarters. It would seem to make the most sense [for the American congregations] to simply have family worship nights on Sunday and midweek meetings via JWBroadcasting.

No way. Those will not be going away. It is the Kingdumb halls that serve as glue to the whole thing. It is the social aspect of the cult that is keeping it afloat. Doing away with them, would be the biggest blunder in their history and would spiral the cult into fast decline.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit