Cutback prediction

by slimboyfat 204 Replies latest members private

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Morpheus: The uk branch ( and i would bet my ass the others that serve developed countries) are showing more money comming in than going out for the last 5 years at least.

Yes. Canada shows more money coming in than going out. Still.

Another thing about those financial reports. When the expenses are listed, look for the term "qualified donee" (at least, In Canada). The amount that is sent to the qualified donee is listed as an expense. The qualified donee will be the American overarching corporation of the WBTS. The money is being sent to either the "big" branch in the US (where, incidentally, churches don't have to file returns) or to someplace like, um, say...Germany. The British branch has sent lot$ of $$$ to Germany recently. As an 'expense'.

Expenses are up? Sure they are. The mother is scooping up the babies' allowances. And calling it an expense.

Financial re-structuring.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    my remark regarding the org now capturing local money as well as www money was with regard to the perpetual mortgage tithe. The mortgage is paid with local money. That is money that formerly would never have gone to the branch. The money dropped in the www box still goes to the branch... ergo it is exactly NOT like putting your wallet in your bank account. Its like finding someone elses wallet and putting it in your bank account.

This is the single most important thing the WTS has done to try and maintain a sustainable cash flow. It will be interesting to see how this pans out over time with a potentially declining and less motivated membership.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    The money is being sent to either the "big" branch in the US...

Oh Quick. I have to change this. I have made an error.

The qualified donees this past year were all inside Canada. In years past, the qualified donee was the big momma in NY.

My mistake. Apologies.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The point is that Gilead used to take regular JWs and turn them into paid employees of Watchtower.

Now all Gilead does is retrain JWs who are already employed by Watchtower.

Therefore their program for creating new missionaries has effectively closed down and they are merely maintaining the dismissing stock of current missionary employees.

If retraining missionaries was necessary they could easily have accomplished this without closing down their new missonary program. In fact I'd be surprised if they didn't already have missionary retraining programs in place that were called something else. They've got "schools" for everything,

They have closed down Gilead's primary function of training new missionaries but have retained the name to disguise the fact.

• Barb Michaels
    Barb Michaels

This is a long thread, and I haven't read all the comments. But, I think they are spending all the money on the lawsuits and class action suits. One case in San Diego they are paying 4K a day because they will not produce court ordered documents. This is a drop in the bucket after the sales of the NY properties. I would love to know how much the board of directors make each year.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

I believe that 4k a day is being contested and isnt being paid yet. There was a post regarding it just a day or two ago

• fukitol
    fukitol

There's a lot of knee-jerk speculation on this thread and more being read into all this than is the reality. Wishful thinking isn't just the realm of religionists it seems.

These cut-backs are all just low-hanging fruit that has been screaming out to happen for many years. They are just doing what any global organisation would naturally do to reduce costs and wastage by shifting from an inordinately paper-based to a digital environment.

They are certainly not on the verge of collapse by any stretch of the imagination, as much as I wish that were true. All organisations evolve and morph over time and the WTBS are no different.

• Old Navy
    Old Navy

Quote from SlimBoyFat:

Why are physical books still so popular? Not sure. Different explanations have been offered. Whatever the explanation, it is a fact.

Maybe because it isn't necessary to charge them up; to turn them on or off; to push buttons to find what is being looked for. They're durable, always "work" and don't need to be "programmed."

I prefer hardcopy by a mile.

• LV101
    LV101

I knew they wouldn't pay the $4,000/day! What a joke - religions and their freedom in this country make me sick. They'll spend $10 K a day to lawyers fighting paying $4.

Anyone know about all the millions in revenue they get off their tobacco stock and orange juice business much less Rand Corp. Since their in the weapons business they're probably also invested in the marijuana crops, also. Who knows what else -- whatever it takes not to be living in lack like they keep 90-90% of their adherents! They surely have some big hitters in the stock world that were keepers from all their deceased adherents. WT clowns couldn't have made all bad decisions even with their eyes closed on Wall Street.

• LV101
    LV101
    Sorry - 'they're' in the weapons business and Rand must be paying huge dividends -- unfortunately!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit