new religious wave of young? 90 baptized at assembly

by prologos 19 Replies latest social current

• prologos
    prologos
    ISIS has it's young warriors, Jw? Last weekend in a "developing country", at a ~ 3500 attendee assembly, 90, mostly young were baptized, ratio 46/44 female - male ratio. internet savvy population. A population dumbed down to reality by the screen and mouse coming?
  • Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Which country.

How developing.

I mean in some developing countries over 90% of the population don't have electricity.

• prologos
    prologos

I'd rather not be specific, but the info is authentic, first hand, by contrast in our summer assembly of the same size there were only ~ 9 -- 10% candidates, at 1 day only one, before even none.

I see the youth with their screen addiction falling prey to these irrational messages removed from reality, A report from germany lately was that the youth is losing*** touch with natural reality, they see the electronics as the field of life.

***I mis-spelled. "loo"-sing

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho
    prologos. Are you saying that the art of reasoning and effective research has now left this religion? Was it ever there, really?
  • umbertoecho
    umbertoecho
    prologos, The WT has only descended into the world of televangelism as has been done for decades by other religions. Don't be too disheartened about this. There are always a few gems who will head off to the library and thumb through books of substance
  • prologos
    prologos

There are always a few gems who will head off to the library

Yeah, my comment was not about the depth of knowledge or devotion even, in that long line trying getting into the change room. -- what libraries?

• never a jw
    never a jw
    what's the big deal about naming a country? Is it a country with two congregations?
  • Giordano
    Giordano

What I have heard is that people in third world countries take readily to the various forms of Christianity because of the better life style and prosperity of first world Counties.The Wt is capitalizing on the following:

http://www.pewforum.org/2011/12/19/global-christianity-exec/

At the same time, Christianity has grown enormously in sub-Saharan Africa and the Asia-Pacific region, where there were relatively few Christians at the beginning of the 20th century. The share of the population that is Christian in sub-Saharan Africa climbed from 9% in 1910 to 63% in 2010, while in the Asia-Pacific region it rose from 3% to 7%. Christianity today – unlike a century ago – is truly a global faith. (See world maps weighted by Christian population in 1910 and 2010.)

These are some of the key findings of Global Christianity: A Report on the Size and Distribution of the World’s Christian Population, a new study by the Pew Research Center’s Forum on Religion & Public Life.

• prologos
    prologos
    what's the big deal about naming a country? Is it a country with two congregations? it is a personal thing, preserving a small measure of anonymity.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    I'd respond the same to this as to threads claiming JWs are already in decline: local anecdotes are well and good, but the figures don't support a dramatic move one way or the other, neither renewed growth nor decline, just boring stagnation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit