Tutorial for Making Donations Electronically

by wifibandit 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

Tutorial for Making Donations Electronically video will be considered the week of October 16, 2017.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_z32hlqw-0

• sir82
    sir82

Yeah, 'cause God forbid someone gets mixed up and donates to say the Red Cross or the American Cancer Society or some other demon-controlled organization.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Excuse me...may I go throw up now?

The increasing, ever more blatant begging for money ought to make SOMEONE open up their eyes to this scam!

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

They just want to make sure everyone knows how they can give their money to the golden calf website now, just in case there (heaven forbid) comes a day when there is no conveniently located KH to attend.

Just covering their digital bases that's all.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

OH MY GOD!

One of THE MOST DISTASTFUL thing I have ever seen them produce!

HOW is this not "begging or soliciting for funds??"

What was it that the first WT ever said? "We will Never beg nor solicit for funds. When the creator of the universe stops bringing in the funds, we will know it is time to stop producing this magazine" (words to that effect. Perhaps someone can find the specific quote?)

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

A website owned by Jehovah doesn't run itself you know, it needs money goddamnit!

The teachings may imaginary the real world bills are not! Lol.

• compound complex
    compound complex

"Haggai's words have also motivated God's servants in more recent times during large projects related to the worship of Jehovah. In 1879 when the faithful and discreet slave class began publishing this journal - then called Zion's Watch Tower and Herald of Christ's Presence - it contained the following statement: 'Zion's Watch Tower has, we believe, JEHOVAH for it's (sic) backer, and while this is the case it will never *beg* nor *petition* men for support. When He who says: 'All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine,' fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication.'"

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/145799/silver-mine-gold-mine-stocks-bonds-live-pigs-ok-too

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

The Watchtower Society (WTS) has often criticized other churches for passing collection plates during meetings. Churches that organize bingo, party games and other fund-raising efforts have also been repeatedly condemned. At the same time the WTS has emphasized that Jehovah’s Witnesses do not solicit donations! Comments like the following were common in WTS publications like The Watchtower and Awake! before 1990.

Watchtower 12/1/1987 pages 30-31 ‘Where do such funds come from?’ is an often-asked question. Unlike the churches of Christendom, Jehovah’s Witnesses do not take up collections or send out envelopes to solicit donations. Rather, contribution boxes-like the treasury chests of Biblical times-are set up at their Kingdom Halls.

Awake 9/8/1975 page 26 …is it not a comfort for them to know that in the local congregation of Jehovah’s witnesses they will never be tithed to pay out a percentage of their income? Nor will unscriptural money-raising schemes be imposed on them. It is at the Kingdom Hall that an unobtrusive contribution box is located for use by those who wish voluntarily to give money to support the work of the congregation. Donations mailed to the headquarters of the Watch Tower Society are also unsolicited and entirely voluntary.

Watchtower 9/15/1974 page 559 The Kingdom Halls of this happy group are open to you and you may attend free of charge, without having to suffer embarrassment by a request for contributions or the passing of a collection plate.

Watchtower 8/15/1971 page 506 The emphasis in all giving among the Witnesses is that it must be voluntary and spontaneous, from the heart. In fact, ever since the earliest days of the modern witnesses of Jehovah it has been their policy that never should there be any passing of collection plates or similar solicitations for money.

Watchtower 5/1/1962 page 278 How May I Contribute? Jehovah’s witnesses have never gone begging for finances.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

They also said "miilions now living will never die" history shows they have no shame with going back on things they have arrogantly pronounced.

This is 2017 if you are going to survive as a religion/business you need to be comfortable appealing for money.

If challenged on it the GB would just spin it like times have changed and now we need "a food pouch and money purse" scriptural basis blah blah.

• jp1692

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit