Confused

by jusastudy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• jusastudy
    jusastudy

Hi I am new here. I have been reading your posts at work. I have been studing with the witnesses for about a year this last time. I have almost completed the Knowledge book. Before reading these posts I had wanted to be a JW more than anything, seems nothing else was more important to me. When some one would say something bad about the JWs I would think that it was another example of the witnesses being persecuted because of the truth, the same way Jesus was. So I never paid them any mind. While studying someone said something to the extent that God would expose all false religion and this was why the Catholic religion was being exposed. They more or less told me that this type of thing does not happen in their organization.(pedophiles) (and I beleived them ) Then I stumbled upon this forum, I feel betrayed. I know I still beleive in God but where do I GO NOW!! I want to worship God, but how do I do it now. I have come to realise that the guilt that I was feeling about not being baptised was wrong. I have not stopped studying and I need some advise on how to quit. They are always so nice when they come by. When I first told my daughter that we would no longer celebrate birthdays she cried I felt bad but wanted to make Jehovah happy. Also I was afraid that the world was gonna end and the only people that would be their or be saved were the witnesses when I know that I have met some GOOD people. Point is I dont know where to turn now. The more I think about it the more I feel angry. Please help advise, experiences would all be helpful.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Justa: At least you haven't invested most of your life to the lie or ruined most of your childs. Tell your daughter that you wanted to do the right thing but you realized that there is nothing wrong with celebrating one of the most special days in your life. Just tell them that your busy and stay busy until they get the message. Take that time to enjoy your life and your family. I worship God in my garden with my children and my grandbaby who is going to be 1 on Jun 14 (party).

The anger is normal to be lied to and deceived is horrible I still deal with that and I find just focusing on that fact I"M NO LONGER there I am here and here is a much better place than THERE

Best of luck to you and your family

• be wise
    be wise

jusastudy,

What they PROMISE is not what they GIVE.

[don't fall for there lies]

be wise.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Jusa

the longer I am out the more I learn how simply EVIL the WT organisation is. I have relatives still in and even though on the surface they seem nice people, in fact they are very cold-hearted and mean. They reflect the organisation they support! Talk about white-washed graves, as Jesus said.

Just remember you don't NEED anyone to tell you how to worship God; you have to find your own way. If something doesn't feel right then that means its probably not.

All the best

The Pope

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    "I still believe in God but where do I GO NOW!! I want to worship God, but how do I do it now?"

Jusastudy, Dear sweet child. Your love and desire to know God is your golden key. Do not think for a moment that the Source of this wondrous universe is too tiny and limited to be elsewhere than where you are. In time you will see. In time you will let go of your fear and be still enough. Still enough to know and embrace That, which has always been with you. For now just relax and trust that you will find your way. JamesT

• Chap
    Chap

jusastudy,

If you have a bible besides the NWT (the watchtower version) read the Gospel of John using your old bible and compare it with the NWT, you will see a striking difference right away. Then throw out the NWT because it is a horrible translation (I am being nice at calling it a translation) If you can get a New American Standard Version or a New International Version, that would be good because these translations use modern English words.

The main points of the gospels are easily understood. You don't need someone to teach you. I'm sorry that you got involved in the Watchtower organization.

If you desire to worship, go to a church that adheres to the scriptures that you read. Many preachers are simply after fame and fortune and preach what people want them to hear to get them in the door.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

JusAStudy,

Hello and Welcome to the Forum!

I am so incredibly happy that this Website is being read by New Bible Studies, so that they can find out the real truth before they decide to become a Jehovah's Witness. I wonder how many people are being helped by this Website, and also the SilentLambs and all the other Websites.

I Thank God that you now know that the Watchtower Society is false.

I was planning on recommending that you read the Gospel of John, but then I saw that "Chap" already mentioned that. (Thanks Chap, that is a very good recommendation indeed!) Chap is correct about the New World "Translation" being corrupted.

Here is where you can read my experience in leaving the Watchtower Society, and finding the True Jesus Christ: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/48546/1.ashx

I highly recommend that you read the Gospel of John at http://www.niv.org or http://www.blueletterBible.org or http://www.CrossWalk.com

Also, I really, really love the FREE Bible Software from http://www.e-sword.net where you can download, absolutely FREE, about 19 different English Bible Translations, plus Commentaries and Dictionaries and Encyclopedias all about the Bible.

Then after, reading John, I recommend reading Matthew, Mark, and Luke, then Acts.

Here are some Scriptures which I love, which show that you do not need any Organization, or any Religion, in order to worship God the way He wants to be worshipped:

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart; and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light." (Jesus Christ Speaking, Matthew 11:28-30)

"You search the Scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and these Scriptures testify about Me. Yet you will not come to Me, that you may have life. (Jesus Christ Speaking, John 5:39-40)

"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father, except through Me." (Jesus Christ Speaking, John 14:6)

"Most truly, I tell you, unless one is Born Again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God." (Jesus Christ Speaking, John 3:3)

"For God loved the world so much, that He gave His Only-Begotten Son, so that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God did not send His Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world should be saved through Him. He who believes in Him is not judged. He who doesn't believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the Name of the Only-Begotten Son of God." (Jesus Christ Speaking, John 3:16-18)

"If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes." (Jesus Christ Speaking, Mark 9:23)

"For the Father judges no one, but He has given all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son, even as they honor the Father. He who doesn't honor the Son doesn't honor the Father who sent Him. "Most truly I tell you, he who hears My Word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and doesn't come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life. Most truly, I tell you, the hour comes, and now is, when the dead will hear the Son of God's voice; and those who hear will live. (Jesus Christ Speaking, John 5:22-25)

An important fact to consider is that the thief on the torture stake next to Jesus was Saved without doing ANY of the following things:

1. Being Baptized in Water
    2. Partaking of the Lord's Supper
    3. Going to Church
    4. Participating in any Religious Ceremonies
    5. Doing any "Good Works"
    6. Going Door-To-Door Preaching.

May God bless you and lead you to His Son Jesus Christ!

• avengers
    avengers

Angry already?

Can you imagine how angry people are after being lied to for 30 years?

Be happy you found out now.

If there's a God or not, you're better of searching for the truth without the JW's.

Andy

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dear Justastudy... may you have peace... and may I reply? Thank you!

You ask:

I know I still beleive in God but where do I GO NOW!!

There is no WHERE to go to, dear one. Only a "whom" - John 6:68, John 7:37, 38; Matthew 11:28

I want to worship God, but how do I do it now.

Just as it says at John 4:24, with SPIRIT and TRUTH. You cannot worship God by means of your flesh, the man you are on the OUTSIDE - you MUST worship Him by means of your SPIRIT, the man you are on the INSIDE. And you can only do it in... and thus, THROUGH... the Truth. John 14:6 Truly, there is no other "way".

You can do as some here have advised you: read John's account. If you chose to do so, I would not recommend the entire book - it is not necessary. Only a few chapters will do: 6, 10, 14-17. OR... you can simply read John 5:39, 40... and do what it what is says there, which is go to my Lord himself... and ask HIM... and let HIS spirit teach you.

May the undeserved kindness and mercy of my God and Father, the Holy One of Israel, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, whose name is JAH (Psalm 68:4) of Armies, and the peace of His Son and Christ, my Lord, JAHESHUAH (JAH Saves) MISCHAJAH (Chosen/Anointed of JAH)... be upon you... if you so wish it.

Revelation 22:17

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• DJ
    DJ
    you can simply read John 5:39, 30

I hope you don't mind Aguest...I'm just fixing a lil typo for jusastuady. It's John 5:39-40. Those two little verses were very important to me when I first left the jws. I literally was one of those people who searched the scriptures day and night... and after I was frustrated beyond all thought..I reached out in prayer for help and only then, did I see John 5:39-40. I had been searching the scriptures instead of going to Him. What a relief!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit