Interesting conversation with a JDub regarding kingdom songs.

by joe134cd 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

JDub - "Danger Danger - this does not compute"

• Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

I can't remember the title of the kingdom song (from the brown songbook) but it was a note for note copy of a song by Queen - "Lazing on a Sunday Afternoon" from "A Night at the Opera". Most JWs enjoyed singing the song because it was actually good without realising why.

SF

• baker
    baker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C47ivz7jOEM Seems like this tune was from another religion, not sure.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I remember the song Chariots of Fire by Vangelis, released at the end of 1981 and a big hit in the early spring of 1982. Then, the washtowel stole that song and created Kingdumb malady 42 in the 1984 book. This is blatant that the washtowel ripped off that song. More recently, I heard a snippet of the then-new Kingdumb malady 142, when it was just released, from an apostate YouTube video. At the time I had the Christmas song March of the Toys going, and it sounded very similar. It's a wonder the washtowel doesn't get sued for that--if I could get sued if I got caught illegally downloading those songs, why can't the washtowel get sued for the much more serious offense of lifting those songs and using them as its own work?

Then you see idiots that try making a Kingdumb malady into something worthwhile. There was the song And So It Goes by Billy Joel, off the Storm Front album. That song was a flop as a single during the end of 1990 (and that is an album that had two big hit singles), and that sounded eerily like one of the 1984 Kingdumb maladies. Vangelis, on the other hand, whose song was lifted by the washtowel, had their hit reach Number One during the early spring of 1982.

Lesson: When you try plagiarizing washtowel Kingdumb maladies, expect your own version to flop.

• steve2
    steve2

The deep things of God's word just got deeper - that's why JWs have to have their head in the sand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit