What makes a cult (in the pejorative sense)?

by Vanderhoven7 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• neat blue dog
  • littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Vidiot,

The left is changing definitions words in order to push their ideology and have buzz works that trigger certain emotions. Liberal universities and becoming indoctrination camps instead of teaching students how to think.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

That video was so sad yet so true.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

What makes a 'cult'?

Probably the way they promote the "us. vs. them" mentality, Victim - blaming and what not. They are the ones who actually cause the problem,,,,yet they claim to have to solution to it too,

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ neat blue dog & littlerockguy

20 years ago, I didn’t know anything about Republicans, Democrats, conservatives, or liberals… I was raised a JW, for Chrissakes.

But I did happen, in passing, to find out about the Religious Right, and was stunned that the belief patterns and attitudes ticked almost all the same boxes as the WTS… authoritarianism, Biblical literalism, misogyny, the list went on.

The only really significant difference I could see were their respective positions on political involvement… other than that, the Org seemed like the Religious Right in microcosm.

I am 100% convinced that if things had gone differently and the Christian Nationalists had achieved the degree of power in Washington the way they really wanted to, the WTS would have absofuckinglutely played ball with them.

And that made me feel just a little too uncomfortable with both.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Bull. The WT is far more eager to 'play ball' with the side that seems more marketable to the brainwashed masses. They kiss up to the liberal government and try to prove how normal they are, and are ALL IN on the concept of "misinformation" (even publishing an article warning against it and saying to trust experts and obey the government) vaccine mandates, environmentalism (for different reasons) etc. They try to distance themselves from every other Christian group when possible, and won't touch the current right with a ten foot pole.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

MenacingMistral writes "The core business of the Jehovah’s Witness Watchtower is mind control..."

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

VANDERHOVEN7:

Answering the first post: I would have to say the biggest indicator of whether or not somebody is in a ‘cult’ is how they are treated when they try to leave.

If everybody sees how JWs are treated when they leave - they have their answer in black and white!

As regards the man in the picture with the poster: this may help potentially interested people because they can look up what it’s all about on the internet! ..Too bad the internet wasn’t around back when I was young and interested. I would have saved myself much trouble and aggravation.. And even though I ended up okay, Thank God - I could have been spared some unpleasant memories.

As for older PIMI JWs seeing this poster: it would not move them an inch. They are in til the bitter End…But, they can keep it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit