Watchtower says you can be Disfellowshiped for being Fat!

by Witness 007 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Clearly, the GB quietly nixed that little rule. Vidiot

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Bible says that gluttony is a sin not the WT.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

So all the young bethel brothers who came with me to pizza hut $7.95 all you can eat and literally ate till they could not walk then we stopped at McDonald's for choc Sundae..pigs we should have been disfellowshiped.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Gluttony

Seems to me that food was not easy to get in Bible times and if you greedily ate too much meant somebody else was affected —like if you greedily ate somebody else’s share of the food. I can see someone getting DF today under those set of circumstances —but when there is plenty of food for everybody around you, that ain’t gluttony.

• blondie
    blondie

This is it: being fat is not proof of gluttony. Gluttons can be thin, but it is how you deal with food. I knew someone that when invited to dinner, when food was passed, would put the whole platter/bowl on his plate without any regard to others being able to eat at the table. The same is with gossip/slander intent to create bad has to be proved, motive/intent. If you have/had ever looked around at a meeting/conventions, there are a lot of big jws, and there has not been an increase in df'ings for being overweight. But I'm sure some elders applied this with a heavy hand in their congregation (even the overweight eldersl).

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The Warwick Wazzocks say lots.

They have no credibility.

It's one rule for them and another for you....unless they can get money from you.

TOMO the turd appears to be a drunken sot. I bet he won't get ousted if he is a lush.

It's not what you know, it's who you know......and other such cliches.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit