Where now for the UK Society Big Wigs?

by dozy 23 Replies latest jw friends

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

I don't care if you're a lawyer or a window washer. All bethelities should have the same accommodations. How is living in luxury sacrificing for Jehovah? So basically the organization has to bribe their top men with these "fringe benefits" to keep them on board!

• LV101
    LV101

I've heard of professionals being offered nice packages to take up life with the cult - all their debt paid off, etc., and I'm sure the nice homes are part of the deal depending how bad they need someone.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

I feel pretty sure that the 8 Gibbering Body members will have slightly better accommodation in Warwick than that of the minions who are doing all the work.

(Sign on the HQ wall: All members of the Worldwide Order of Special Full-Time Servants of Jehovah’s Witnesses are equal, but some are more equal than others)

Sorry, I can't imagine the stresses & sacrifices the G.B. endure by having to fly Club-Class, stay in 5 star hotels, and eat & drink the best food and drink. It's a slave's job, but someone's got to do it!
  • Saltheart Foamfollower
    Saltheart Foamfollower

I knew Richard many years ago and he always seemed to be a decent guy. He is a long term Bethelite who went to Gilead a couple of years ago - he presented the class speech at the graduation shown on borg tv. My guess is that he is being groomed for "bigger" things - at least a position on the uk branch committee, maybe a move to Warwick.

Incidently, those very posh houses have had ordinary bethelites - janitors etc - also staying in them. My experience has been that system of bidding for rooms based on number of years full-time service is pretty fair.

None of which changes the fact that they are going to make loads of money from from selling the houses.

• careful
    careful

Does anyone else find this particularly brash/impudent/disingenuous/nauseating?

'Richard Cook, solicitor for the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain, said: "We are disappointed with the decision, particularly since the court accepted expert evidence that Jehovah's Witnesses in the late 1980s and early 1990s were ahead of their time in addressing the issue of child sexual abuse.
    "For decades we have warned congregants and parents of the dangers of child abuse and have published information to help parents safeguard their children. We will continue to do so."'

"Ahead of their time ... in addressing the issue of child sexual abuse"? Are you kidding? "Theocratic strategy" to be sure!

• LV101
    LV101
    Cook is a liar and hard liner - I'm sure they don't want to lose him.
  • Val2020
    Val2020

I knew somebody who went on MTS with Dick Cook. He has a lot of dirt on him from way back then.

• zeb
    zeb

MTS..?

• Val2020
    Val2020

Richard cook will be living in even more luxury in the place at Chelsford.

The new branch is overly luxurious

They have a health spa, sauna, steam room and amazing pool.

They have massagers and reflexologists for free treatments as much as you want.

All over 50s only have to 'work' half a day, then they go to relax and chat in the luxury facilities. The work is just meeting up for association and then time in offices web surfing and booking holidays I mean you have to use up you holiday and financial allowneces somehow.

They have all these fruit trees growing and each have a plot of fresh veg growing all managed by volunteers.

Its the best life ever for those who are able to go to the new Bethel,

Surrounded by really beautiful lands, landscaped and kept to a very high standard.

And say what you like about the JWs but they are very good association, so it really is the best life ever for the chosen few,

• careful
    careful

Zeb, I'm not sure but I think it is Ministerial Training School (?). No doubt a major indoctrination session of loyalty to the organization. Val2020: It's difficult to decipher who the "he" and "him" are in your comments. Does your somebody have the dirt on Cook or vice versa?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit