Did You Experience People Always Seeming To Get Offended?

by minimus 16 Replies latest jw friends

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

Were you ever accused of offending someone??

Not often. Only on days that had the letter "Y" in their name, and only in months of the year that had a vowel in their name. Other than that I don't think so.

• Biahi
    Biahi

As a teenager, I offended the elders by the way I “looked and dressed”. But they couldn’t specifically name any item that was too tight, or low cut, or short. They tried to tell my dad I shouldn’t have such “good grooming”. You mean I should be a dirty slob? Asshats, all of them.

• Pete Zahut
  • minimus
    minimus

Pete, that subject was more on current affairs . This one includes that but a lot of discussion is about JW memories.

• minimus
    minimus

We had some Witnesses that were always saying they were stumbled or were concerned that a certain person or family could be a stumbling block. These types always tried to manipulate things so that they could sound righteous and deeply concerned for members of the congregation. One elder used to call them “cause finders”.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

One Elder put those who were "offended" or "stumbled" in perspective for me. he asked : " Are THEY perfect ? " I replied " Certainly not", so he said " Well then, they cannot demand Perfection from us !".

• zachias
    zachias

My brother was an elder for many years. He told me once that the phone rings constantly from jw who are offended by something.

We had an overseer who gave us this advice in his last talk, "to be aware of those with a hyperactive conscience.".

At that I had the thought that he had been cornered by one elders wife who knew all about all.

---------------------

and in the media there is this so called political correctness in all its various forms.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit