Is it just for social reasons you remain?

by UnshackleTheChains 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains
    I found more 'wordly people' with whom I had interesting chats, advanced religious thoughts and learn something new, than ever in JW cong. Sad but true.

I whole heartedly agree with btlc in this regard. Great point. I remember talking zealously with friends when I was studying to become a JW drone. The society 'dumbs you down' so much so that you never have an in depth spiritual conversation on scripture or at least rarely with other witnesses. Conversation is usually around work, family, health and so on. I often remember the days pre baptism (and may be the first 6 months post baptism) where I used to enjoy deep religious discussions.

• Dreamerdude
    Dreamerdude

UTC, thank you for your OP. It really struck a chord with me. If I can get my wife to wake up, I will be gone in an instant. I know we can build better friendships, and rebuild some friendships with good people who have preceded us out the door.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

People criticise A Believer and other active JWs for coming onto this 'apostate' forum and associating with us but how is that any different from the mentally awake continuing meeting association?

If, either by word or action, you are propping up a cult that destroys families and has blood on it's hands well . . . shame on you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit