I Think Their Is A Move Coming From Higher Ups To Get These Insane Idiot Out Of The Drivers Seat Of Jehovah's Chariot

by Brokeback Watchtower 34 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    The GB themselves have little to no direct control over anything.

How anyone can watch all those internal videos and still conclude that the GB are “not really in charge” is beyond me. The GB micromanage things to an amazing degree, even the accounts department, and planning, things they clearly know nothing about, yet people in the various departments still follow orders from the GB, because they are the spiritual leaders.

As for the OP, I think it is possible that others in the organisation may want to take over control. Who could look at the mess the GB have made and NOT think that it could be done better?

• fulano
    fulano

They preside committees, and have their opinion but it is definitly not as in the Knorr era.

• zeb
    zeb

BBW. I been thinking along a similar line for some time.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

"The governing body has approved...." We are always getting letters and announcements saying such. So yes they are in charge.

• fulano
    fulano

Is your opinion based on that?

• Incognito
    Incognito
    The Governing Body has no direct connection to any of the legal corporations

Although none of the GB names may be shown in articles of incorporation or as executives for any of the corporations, that does not signify the GB don't control the operations of those corporations through the 'yes men' they have appointed to be the public face for those corporations.

I suspect the GB rely heavily on the legal and accounting departments for advice when making corporate decisions. That would include methods to insulate themselves from liability for decisions they make as a group or individually.

Deny, deny, deny, just as G. Jackson did while testifying at the ARC.

• TD
    TD
    The Governing Body has no direct connection to any of the legal corporations, it's been that way since 2001.

Yes. It's a little bit like the situation with JW congregations. Legally, they are separate entities, which is why they go through that strange parody of Robert's Rules of Order when money needs to be spent.

Religiously, however the JW governing body are still the spiritual leaders which gives them near total control.

So that voids about 99% of your argument.

I would think it makes a coup easier at least in theory. On a religious level the directors that Rutherford ousted were technically his spiritual brothers and should have been treated as such. Instead he booted them out on legal grounds and put his own spin on it.

From a pragmatic perspective though, I don't think anyone holds both the legal power and spiritual influence, which is what it would take.

• sir82
    sir82

From a pragmatic perspective though,

I don't think anyone holds both the legal power

and spiritual influence, which is what it would take.

Well there you go, all you ambitious & cynical JWs.

Career path:

-- Go to law school, pass the bar

-- Start partaking of the Memorial emblems

-- Volunteer for everything you can: Evangelizer school, sub-CO, temporary Bethel work, etc.

-- Do remote pro-bono legal work for the WTS

-- With so much "exposure", get invited to Bethel, work in legal department

-- Become the most obsequious "yes-man" conceivable

-- Get invited onto the GB

-- Stage your coup

It sounds like a lot, but I think it could be done in 20 years, 30 tops, if you don't mind the soul-crushing effort.

A horrifically sociopathic and ambitious JW in his mid 20's could be "king of the [JW] world" by the 2040s.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The GB are still the ideological mouthpiece for the entire organization including the designated legal directors of the WTS.

Don't over speculate Brokeback Watchtower

• jp1692
    jp1692
    SBF: Who could look at the mess the GB have made and NOT think that it could be done better?

Possibly, but remember that this religion regularly innoculates the leaders against a coup with Bible accounts like the one about Korah and the 249 that rebelled against Moses, or even Uzzah steadying the ark.

The point of such stories could not be more clear: sit down, shut up, listen, obey and be blessed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit