What is wrong with Hollyweird?

by LoveUniHateExams 15 Replies latest social entertainment

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

So, the trailer for the new Batwoman series was released a few days ago.

Proof positive that Hollywood, CW network and other movie/TV producers live in their own bubble and are continuing to push their SJW agenda.

The trailer itself has unbelievable levels of cringe at times.

Batwoman happens to be a woman (if you hadn't already guessed) and an out and proud Lesbian. Of course, there's nothing wrong with any of this, it just feels so forced. Within a few seconds of the trailer you get some girl-on girl action, just to hammer home the sexuality thing. You get Batwoman saying that Batman's suit 'will be perfect ... when it fits a woman'.

Then, having entered Batman's batcave, plundered his costume and asked for it to be redesigned to fit her, Batwoman exclaims 'I'm not gonna let a man take credit for a woman's work'. *sigh*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrIiPcv4_iY

For the record, there are plenty of female heroes and other strong female characters who I absolutely love: Ellen Ripley, Private Vasquez (from Alien franchise), Nancy Thompson (A Nightmare on Elm Street franchise), Trinity (Matrix trilogy), Sarah Connor (Terminator franchise), Princess Leia (Star Wars franchise), Laurie Strode (Halloween franchise), Rosemary Woodhouse (Rosemary's Baby), Veronica Quaife (The Fly), Jackie Brown (Jackie Brown) ...

A message that I wish Hollyweird people would listen to: just write good characters and good plots. That's all you need to do.

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

Well I wasn't even considering seeing it but now that I've seen the trailer here, it does look interesting. So I will put in in my list of shows. Plus there's something about Ruby Rose that I can't explain. She's Hot But she Not! She thrills me but she disgusts me. She seems like the type of girl that if you spend the whole night with her you better not fall asleep because she might do a Lorena Bobbitt on you.

https://scarfacespeaks.files.wordpress.com/2013/12/lorena-bobbitt-just-merely-uttering-her-name-and-can-hear-ev-demotivational-posters-1368865017.jpg

• cofty
    cofty

You what would be really original for Hollywood right now?

A film that didn't pander to the SJW agenda.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Completely agree. As soon as comic franchises get the Hollywood treatment, it all feels so forced.

How about they write an original storyline and forget all the reboots.

It seems like I enjoy fan fiction more than these highly paid so called “professional” screenwriters work that all seems so formulaic.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Are we sure SJWs exist in real life? The phenomenon seems to be the product of overimagination of reactionary people who live mainly online. I guess the closest I came to seeing in real life was some of the activists during the 2014 referendum, the Radical Independence Campaign, Cat Boyd, the National Collective. I liked some of those people. That was a good summer.

• laverite
    laverite

I think it looks great.

• John_Carter_1912
    John_Carter_1912

That trailer made me want to go back to meetings

• Simon
    Simon

Hollywood's version of "empowering women" is to stick a hot curvy one in a tight costume, usually with plenty of kinky overtones (leather, short skirt, bodice, long boots) and make sure she has great eye makeup and lipstick which is put to good use when pouting.

It's all about product, selling sex, and the idea that a good woman is a hot sexy one.

Don't look for Hollywood for any moral guidance.

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

I hate "woke media", but this just looks like your average run of the mill CW show. Arrow was cringey, Flash is cringey, just about all their shows are cringey. This isn't anything new.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

So, apparently the first episode of Batflange has been shown.

I haven't seen it but here is a review by a youtuber called JLongbone.Yeah, she's pretty hilarious. XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqcRTzsW0mU

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit