Jesus Never Limited His Promies to 144K

by Sea Breeze 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

What were we thinking?

Mat_10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Mat_10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

Mat_12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Mat_16:25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Mat_18:4 Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Mar_10:15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.

Luk 6:47,48 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like: He is like a man

which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock

Luk_9:24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

Joh_3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Joh_4:13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:

Joh_4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

Joh_11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Joh_12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

Act_2:21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Rom. 8:9 ... if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

• waton
    waton
    Mat_12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

together with Mat. 25 , the sheep & goats-, - demolishes wt's claim that it is support of the Governing Body that yield everlasting life.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Sea Breeze, appreciated the list...in answer to the question: we weren't thinking. We were being told what to think and we along with the group think. I can't believe I was so gullible. I see comments from time to time demeaning witnesses as uneducated window cleaners, but the ones I have known have been intelligent people-some even genius, but they were/are totally blinded. They are thinking: whosoever believes in the GB will be saved!

• joao
    joao

This is the truth, not what the GB claims.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

According to The Holy Scriptures, Who Are Jesus' "Brothers"?

(Matthew 12:50) whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.”

(Matthew 13:38) The field is the world; as for the fine seed, these are the sons of the kingdom;

(Mark 3:35) Whoever does the will of God, this one is my brother and sister and mother.”

(Luke 8:21) In reply he said to them: “My mother and my brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it.”

(John 1:12,13) However, as many as did receive him, to them he gave authority to become God’s children..

(Rom. 8:14) For all who are led by God’s spirit, these are God’s sons.

(1 John 5:1) Every one who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God..........(RSV)

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Excellent thread.

The fact is, Jehovah’s Witnesses are preaching another gospel and another Jesus. They are preaching a gospel which does not save (justify the sinner) and an unrelatable angelic creature Jesus who they cannot call on or come to or interact with.

8 million Jehovah's Witnesses cannot even say, "Thank you Jesus for saving me!" because firstly they are not saved and secondly because interacting with invisable angels is spiritism.

As the Bible says, Jesus can't save you if you don't put your trust in men in New York.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

They took a number and built a whole concept around it, then used the authority of the GB ('god's conduit') to shield it from any criticism. The actual argument supporting the idea is very thin, to be charitable.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

Sea Breeze and BoogerMan, I have copied and pasted your scripture list on my FB page ( because there are still a few JW who haven't gotten the message to remove themselves as friends on my page.) If you have an issue with what I have done, let me know and I will remove the post.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

John 1: 12 that Boogerman posted is particularly powerful in the KJV for JW's . Because there they correctly use the term "sons of god". I would use this version when presenting to JW's

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

A big WT doctrine is that ONLY the 144K are sons of God; whereas the bible says that sonship is available to "as many as receive him". Whom to believe? WT or God?

Boom - that WT deception is obliterated.

• Blotty
    Blotty

You forget to factor in the detail that alot of what's written in the bible is hyperbole & deeply exaggerated. Exceptions are implied in "all" or "everyone"

The WT position on the 144K is not so easily disproven (I speak from limited experience on the subject, but experience non the less)

I agree with alot of scholars (including Edgar Foster) on the occurrence in Rev likely being literal due to the parallel & other numbers in the same chapter let alone the rest of Revelation.

Just my input, I'm not going to argue, If your interested you will do the research yourself..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit