Are dubs sicker than average?

by SpiceItUp 18 Replies latest jw friends

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

lol

has this turned into a dub BM thread?

fortuantely my mom hasnt shared her stool descriptions with me..but I do hear about the rash on her head and feet etc...and how she seems to be allergic to everything under the sun (msg, yellow food coloring etc..you name it)

and after she determines she is sick...she has to self-diagnose and then treat with herbal/vitamin/homeopathic remedies.....is that a dub thing too??

• teenyuck
    teenyuck
    herbal/vitamin/homeopathic remedies.....is that a dub thing too??

Not sure....my mom pops every vitamin advertised and more. She will eat anything that GNC pushes.

All is got her is irritable bowel, diverticulitis, measeles and any number of things the past few years.

Now, I know we all fall ill and have nasty things happen. However, I have never heard any other people talk crap, literally, like the dubs. They feel free to discuss the most intimate details of their bodies with anyone who will listen. At least in my mothers case. Her sisters are the same. I saw my grandfather at my dad's funeral and all he wanted to do was tell me about his ailments. I had not talked to the man in 20 years and I get to hear about his body and it's malfunctions. BTW, he never said "sorry your dad died".

Anyway, they do seem to be a group that focuses on the negatives in their health.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Minimus,

Quite frankly, yes.....without a doubt.....dubs are sicker than average....because they are taught to not deal with their ailments, whether physical or emotional....wait till the "New SystemTM"....JehooberTM will "fix" everything!

Sheesh!!!

I have seen that mentality even in some ex-dubs....they still buy into the mentality, perhaps only subconsciously....because of not replacing the dub-isms with something healthier and even a little bit...errrr....progressive???

ESTEE

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Ooooops....sorry, SpiceItUp....

• new boy
    new boy

You bet

My mother was the biggest hypochondriac on the planet! The negitive thoughts are one of the biggest causes of bad health.Try hoping and praying the world is going to end everyday and have a positive feeling about life.

Keith

• be wise
    be wise
    My mother was the biggest hypochondriac on the planet! The negitive thoughts are one of the biggest causes of bad health.

Our mother's should meet. Through there negative energy they would be able to create new borg related diseases and mental ailments by the truck load. The WTBTS would love them. For starters they wouldn't have to make any more magazines.

• gumby
    gumby
    she says her stool is now much larger and shaped like a pretzel

Mine look like cheese puffs!

Gumby

• Dawn
    Dawn

Stress takes an amazing toll on our bodies. I was so sick during the last 2 years of my 'dub life. I was even diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I had constant head aches - and some days I literally (no exageration) could not get out of bed. I had absolutely no energy.

Funny thing is - once I was DF'd....and got over the initial shock...I started to put my new life together and started feeling better. It's been 13+ years now and I am as healthy as can be. I can't remember the last time I even had a cold. In fact, I have racked up over 60 sick leave days at work. I just don't need them anymore except for an hour here or there for dentist appt, etc.

Chronic Fatigue my arse......It was stress and depression - pure and simple!

Ah......I can't put into words how great it feels to be free and filled with the holy spirit now. There is so much peace and love. I thought being DF'd was the worst thing to happen to me - now I realize it was the best day of my life.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

I have to agree with Dawn. Stress and depression, unchecked (and guilt fed) for years takes a huge toll on the human body. Which is why you see so much chronic fatigue, etc type illness in JW-land.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit